We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Marco super excited any suggestions?

Dallas
Level Contributor
70 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
First time to Marco super excited any suggestions?

This our first trip to Marco Island. We are arriving at Ft. Myers and driving down to the Island. We are staying at Marco beach ocean resort. Will be staying for 4 days.We have rented a car from the airport.

My husband and I love beaches and now our toddler seem to share the same interest in water. We are looking forward to a relaxing vacation and would love to get some helpful tips.

Where can we eat? can we do any guided tours? where can we shop? mainly souvenirs. Are there any must see and must do things.

Your advice is very appreciated. I decided on Marco island mainly because of the great reviews trip advisor had.

Hope to get some more info

Thanks

Dayton, OH / Marco...
Destination Expert
for Marco Island, Everglades National Park, Goodland
Level Contributor
4,038 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time to Marco super excited any suggestions?

If you love the beach you will love Marco. MBOC has a lot of good recommendations for being a luxury accomodation.

At the beach you will find lots of activities ... kayak/parasailing/sailing/jetski everything you can image.

The Marco experts recommend going to the dollar store and buy all the kids buckets and shovels for the castle making and toys.

Check out www.marcoreview.com for "7 Days in the Sun" of activities and fun ideas.

http://marcoreview.com/issue/contents.html

To me the one must do waterfront restaurant is the Snooks Inn off Bald Eagle. The food is basic but if you want to enjoy the tropical life style you will find it there.

Here is a list of my top 10 Nature activities on Marco.

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i19948-2009_Mar…

Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time to Marco super excited any suggestions?

There are souvenir shops on the main drag (Collier). You cannot miss the shops.

You can rent any baby gear you need at www.tinytikestreasures.com. Plus, they will deliver.

Most of the restaurants on the island are very kid friendly.

Dallas
Level Contributor
70 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time to Marco super excited any suggestions?

sounds great. Thanks for all your advices and tips.We are so looking forward to it.

I have a lot of great things about Snook's Inn saw the website looks very interesting. That on our list for sure.

I will keep ya'll updated.

Thank you.

Western NY
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,209 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time to Marco super excited any suggestions?

Great hotel you've selected. Good location on Collier Boulevard. You'll be close to several family friendly restaurants and shops. Including a couple of large "beach stores".

Agree with the recommendation to go to The Dollar Tree to load up on baby beach toys.

Tiny Tikes Treasures is great for baby rental equipment (www.tinytikestreasures.com). Used them for years.

Have a great time!

5. Re: First time to Marco super excited any suggestions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2009, 06:32
Get answers to your questions about Marco Island