We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marriott, Crowded in August?

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,426 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Marriott, Crowded in August?

Will be at the Marriott for the week of Aug 9th. Will the resort be crowded at that time? Do families with young kids go to Marco in August? Thanks for any help.

Boston...
Level Contributor
136 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marriott, Crowded in August?

We'll be there kid-free the same week! It's our first trip to Marco (and our first trip kid-free) so I'm no expert but from the research I've done it seems like there is always a good mix of families and adults only.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,426 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marriott, Crowded in August?

Thanks for the reply. I guess we wont know until we get there.

Wish Marriott offered more adult only properties. Its a nice break.

Dayton, OH / Marco...
Destination Expert
for Marco Island, Everglades National Park, Goodland
Level Contributor
3,970 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marriott, Crowded in August?

The pro of a beach hotel are the amenities for a couple or family.

The con of a beach hotel is the a higher density of occupancy in the buildings and on the beach.

There are 3 basic options on Marco: hotel, condo or home. Each with pluses and minuses. Most condos and homes are quieter and you are there with less people.

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marriott, Crowded in August?

Oh!! You have hit heaven on earth! That was my 20th anniversary present! A week at the Marriott Marco without children!!! Paradise!! It's the off season, so it is very slow. Wander down to Kurrent's and have an amazing dinner. Stroll up to Marco Walk and walk right into any of the restaurants. Captain Brien's, Nacho Mama's, Cathy O'Clarke's. They'll all be available. There will be families with kids. However, it will be at a minimum at that time. You've picked an amazing island, and the absolute best time for a couple wanting to get away!! Go have a great time!!!

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,031 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marriott, Crowded in August?

Just got back Saturday from Marco Marriott. (8/9-15) It was totally full! We were shocked. Our travel agent recommended it (we had never heard of it) and from reading trip advisor, thought it would be quiet. Not so, there were millions of little kids. We could not enjoy the pool at all. We had 4 teenagers with us, they are pretty quiet. We like at the end of the day to relax in the pool, you could not relax or swim because it was so crowded. The island was not crowded, we had no problem getting into restaurants, but Marriott full and the bellboy said it doesn't get quiet till after the 22nd. So if you are a couple don't go till then. I would not recommend for a honeymoon or anniversary getaway.

Marco Island,FL
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
573 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Marriott, Crowded in August?

I also noticed that the Marriott was full of families. I don't think that this is typical for the Marriott in the Summer, but it seems to be true this summer. The Marriott must have offered some terrific family specials for the summer.

Dayton, OH / Marco...
Destination Expert
for Marco Island, Everglades National Park, Goodland
Level Contributor
3,970 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Marriott, Crowded in August?

In the off season if you are looking for quiet and peace then a condo or house is the best way to go. See my above post.

Even in the peak season a condo or house is a great way to get piece and quiet. I'm always surprise that 80% occupancy of a condo in peak season seems like no one is around.

The but is ... for a condo or house in peak season ... kids need to be some what controlled or the parents will get the evil eye from other residents.

At a beach condo the kids can yell, scream, and go nuts, on the beach since the waves and wind dround out the noise. But if people are reading by the condo pool they expect kids to be kids but not for hours at end.

I always recommend hotel/condo vacationers to bring an Ipod or radio buds to listen to music at the pool.

Munster, Indiana
Level Contributor
327 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Marriott, Crowded in August?

the other thing to remember about the Marriott is it is a full blown convention hotel. We have been there 3 times in the last several years and love it. But it does get very crowded and it is really noticed at the pool areas! I really wish they would make the Quinns pool adults only. I guess with all the families, the kids pool could not handle them all.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,031 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Marriott, Crowded in August?

With all the millions they spent in renovations at Marriott, you think they would have had experts figure out how much pool area you would need for the amount of rooms. All they need is one more pool for adults only (a quiet pool) and it would be perfect there.

10. Re: Marriott, Crowded in August?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2010, 05:17