We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chairs and umbrellas at Marriott

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,325 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Chairs and umbrellas at Marriott

Hi, does anyone know the charges for chairs and umbrellas at the Marco Marriott? Can you bring your own umbrella on the beach? Thanks!

Munster, Indiana
Level Contributor
327 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chairs and umbrellas at Marriott

princess, there is no charge for regular lounge chairs and umbrellas there is a charge for the sheltered cabanas. I'm not positive but i think the daily rental for the cabanas is $50 to $75 per day.

Stop at the beach desk and an attendant will bring you chairs to the spot on the beach of your liking, give him a couple dollars and your set!You also can pick up towels at the desk.

London, United...
Level Contributor
956 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chairs and umbrellas at Marriott

There is no charge for chairs and umbrellas around the pools, chairs are free on the beach, and the attendant will set them up at a spot of your choice, but there is a charge, I think it's $15 for the umbrellas. There is also a charge for the tikki huts on the beach. I forget exactly what it is, but you get an ice bucket and bottled water too. It's about half price for the afternoon only, but no one tells you that unless you ask! I don't think I've ever seen anyone set up their own umbrella there... but don't know if it's forbidden. You could phone them and ask to be put through to the beach desk.

Dayton, OH / Marco...
Destination Expert
for Marco Island, Everglades National Park, Goodland
Level Contributor
4,028 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chairs and umbrellas at Marriott

A previous poster in 2009 wrote ...

"It's $35 per day for the thatched hut, 4 chairs and a bucket of 4 waters. At the Marriott, you can get an umbrella for $15 per day. The chairs and towels are free. We pick the spot on the beach to set up. So the umbrella vs. tiki hut is a no brainer for us."

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,325 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chairs and umbrellas at Marriott

Thanks all. I'll have to check with the hotel about putting up your own umbrella. I figure maybe we can buy a cheap one down there to use for the week.

Munster, Indiana
Level Contributor
327 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chairs and umbrellas at Marriott

princess, I was just there a couple weeks ago and I'm sure no one will tell you to remove your umbrella. But it is quite windy at the beach so you will have to try and bury it in the sand, if it is a cheap one I'm sure the wind will wreak havoc with it. Theirs are very sturdy and they will anchor it.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,325 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chairs and umbrellas at Marriott

Thank you scottbizz, good point. Are there umbrellas or any shade by the pools? Thanks.

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Chairs and umbrellas at Marriott

It's %25.00 per day for the Tiki Huts. The chairs and towels are absolutely not free, they're included in your room price. The umbrellas are $15.00 per day per umbrella per room. You can only do a room charge for the umbrellas. You can bring your own umbrella and get the (they claim free, you're absolutely paying for it) chairs and towels. We always take a cooler with us and load up on water and beer. Taking your own to the beach is so much cheaper! I sound a bit bitter, perhaps, because I am! Not going to see Marco for a while now. Great Beach! Great Time! I'm jealous I'm not going to get to go back for a long time!!! Makes me a little bit bitchy! Sorry, Annie

Dayton, OH / Marco...
Destination Expert
for Marco Island, Everglades National Park, Goodland
Level Contributor
4,028 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Chairs and umbrellas at Marriott

A couple thoughts

- the Marriott beach area is huge ... you can wonder a little bit away from the crowds and still be on the hotel property with your umbrella if you feel it is tacky

- agreed you need an anchor screw ... you can usually find them sold with the umbrella on Marco or at the Ace hardware you can find them .. it is very windy

- some chairs have tops now over the folding chair .. they are at my local Sam's (Sam's are in Naples) .. I have seen them working on the beach on Marco.

- we have plastic shovels that we use (buy them at the 99 cent store? on Marco) to build a sand mountain and bury the umbrella pole ... to reduce the chance of the umbrella taking off

- you have to take the umbrella down every night .. City of Marco rules

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,325 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Chairs and umbrellas at Marriott

Thank you marco red. I do own a beach umbrella anchor that I use at my beach, but it's too bulky to pack. Do you know if there are umbrellas or shade at the pools? Thanks.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,325 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Chairs and umbrellas at Marriott

By the way, how windy is it? We're going 8/9-9/15. It is annoying or just breezy?