We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any Dress Codes for Men

Which Marco Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,518 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Any Dress Codes for Men

Are there any restaurants at the Mariott or in the area that require men to wear long pants? Don't want to pack any if we don't need to. Thanks!

London, United...
Level Contributor
919 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any Dress Codes for Men

Most men wear long pants in Kurrents, the upscale restaurant at the Marriott, but I have seen smart well pressed shorts worn there a couple of times, especially in the height of summer.

Western NY
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,206 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any Dress Codes for Men

That's one of the beauties of Marco...no dressy clothes needed unless you like to wear them on your beach vaca. I learned long ago not to pack HALF of what I think I need.

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any Dress Codes for Men

I almost always agree with Clare - however, we might have to agree to disagree on this one. Unfortunately, shorts for men are acceptable at Kurrents during the summer months. Have been there many times when people with small children wore beach cover ups. I absolutely agree with Clare in that Kurrent's is upscale and one should be appropriately dressed. However, that seems to not hold true during the "off season." During the summer months, you can get by with shorts.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,518 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any Dress Codes for Men

Thanks, the men will bring dress shorts. Can they were sneakers with the dress shorts and a nice shirt with a collar.

London, United...
Level Contributor
919 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any Dress Codes for Men

Perhaps I expressed myself badly Annie. We do agree. I've seen shorts worn in Kurrents, and nothing was said. I just thought most, but not all men wore long pants because of the very effective air conditioning!

London, United...
Level Contributor
919 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any Dress Codes for Men

I'm sure that will be fine. Lucky you. Please post and let those less fortunate than you, who can't get there this year know how you like it

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,518 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any Dress Codes for Men

Will do, it's our first time. Our travel agent, who's a friend of ours, came up with the idea to go there. Any other advice let me know. Thanks!!!!!

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any Dress Codes for Men

Have gone to the Marriott for years and you will have an amazing time. It's luxury to the nth degree! The beach is gorgeous and the staff is not to be believed! Please report back. I'm with Clare in the "Jealous Seats."

Munster, Indiana
Level Contributor
327 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any Dress Codes for Men

princess,

We were just at the Marriott for a week, we dined at Kurrents twice. I was amazed to see men wearing t shirts and shorts. The 2nd time we were there a man was dressed this way and had a baseball cap on. I am not a snob but Kurrents is upscale and I didnt expect to see that. I commented to our server and he said that they were reprimanded from Marriott corporate when suggesting that men should dress appropriately. I packed 1 pair of long pants and a couple collared knit shirts for evening dinner. Taras, Arturos, and Kurrents I would not feel comfortable in shorts.

Scott

Western NY
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,206 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Any Dress Codes for Men

I'm in the "if I can't wear shorts, I'm not going there" club while on Marco. Suffice to say that we don't go to some of the restaurants for that reason but I've never been disappointed and don't feel that I've missed a thing in almost 20 years of vacations.