We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sports Bar next week (Aug 13)- Vandy's or not?

Which Marco Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Level Contributor
136 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Sports Bar next week (Aug 13)- Vandy's or not?

More questions from me.

We will be in Marco next week and my husband is a die hard sports fan. The NE Patriots play their first pre season game on Thursday 8/13 at 7pm....where can we find a bar to watch the game?

I had originally marked Vandy's but the reviews are not good.....where else do they have a lot of TV's but no cockroaches?

Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,238 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sports Bar next week (Aug 13)- Vandy's or not?

You could also try:

Rookie's Bar and Grill

599 South Collier Blvd #105, Marco Island , 34145

239-394-6400

or

We have also been able to watch some sports events at the Sunset Grille in the Apollo condo building.

What you will need to do is call these places plus Vandy's on the day of the game to find out who will show the game you want to watch. We have already had to drive into Naples to watch the game we wanted to see.

Marco Island,FL
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
573 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sports Bar next week (Aug 13)- Vandy's or not?

If the patriots are being covered nationally, then you can go to any of those bars. However, if it requires a satellite feed, then I know the Sandbar has everything available on the satelite. I'm not so sure about the others. Vandy's is kind of fun becasue they have individual TVs located in booths, so you can change channels and watch what ever you want. You got to go early to get a booth.

Randy

Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,238 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sports Bar next week (Aug 13)- Vandy's or not?

Randy:

Never thought of the Sand Bar. I have only been there a couple times and just to eat. I never paid attention to whether they had tv's, etc. Do they have many tv's?? Just asking for future reference.

Thanks.

Kim

Dayton, OH / Marco...
Destination Expert
for Marco Island, Everglades National Park, Goodland
Level Contributor
3,887 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sports Bar next week (Aug 13)- Vandy's or not?

When I'm looking for a bar to sit and watch a game for hours I go to Rookies. I would call them 2 days before and ask the owner/and or male bartender what will be on TV. I've called and talked to waitresses and they don't know what will be playing.

If it is on national TV, ESPN, ABC etc it will be on for sure. You just need to tell them you want to see the game a half hour before and they will set up the TV next to you ... or you will move to a TV that will be getting the feed.

If Rookies doesn't have to buy the feed you can see it.

If they have to buy the TV feed then you may not be able to see it. So if it is truly national then they won't need to buy the feed.

Marco Island,FL
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
573 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sports Bar next week (Aug 13)- Vandy's or not?

The Sandbar must have 30 TV sets and they have everything available. They also have portable audio units (half whose rechargeable batteries are shot). On NFL Sundays you can usually find a area in the bar for each NFL team East of the Mississippi. Wiskim, hope to meet you there some Packer Sunday!

Go Pack GO!

Randy

Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,238 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sports Bar next week (Aug 13)- Vandy's or not?

Randy:

Thanks for the info! I hope to see you there too.

Kim

Western NY
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,206 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sports Bar next week (Aug 13)- Vandy's or not?

And, another plug for my favorite hole-in-the-wall, Jack's Lookout is a big Boston fan place so, again, if the games on a national station, it will be on at Jack's.

Boston...
Level Contributor
136 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sports Bar next week (Aug 13)- Vandy's or not?

Thank you all for all of the information, you are all so helpful and I truly appreciate your patience with all of my questions!

I am not big on sprts or TV, so it didn't occur to me that it wouldn't be broadcast nationally- thanks for bringing that up! Keeping this a surprise from my husband and trying to pan things alone is harder than I thought!

It looks like the game we want is only on locally, but I'll make some calls to the places listed above on Wednesday from the Marriott and see if we can fins anything....thanks again everyone!

Boston...
Level Contributor
136 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sports Bar next week (Aug 13)- Vandy's or not?

Sorry about all the spelling errors above- wish TA would let us edit!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
27 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sports Bar next week (Aug 13)- Vandy's or not?

If you are going to have a car and don't mind about a 20 minute ride, you may want to consider the Foxboro Sports Tavern off Route 41 in Naples. It is a sports bar that is totally dedicated to everything Boston and New England, and it is a great place to go to watch Boston sports (with the exception of the Red Sox at this moment).