We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Review.. Loved Marco Island

Which Marco Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
319 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Trip Review.. Loved Marco Island

first our condo at Anglers Cove...

average at best , nice pool and Tiki bar GREAT LOCATION

Marriott Resort- FANTASTIC !

golf

Rookery VERY NICE

Lely - Flamingo- NICE

Hammock CC- ok

RESTAURANTS

Kurrents- by far the best food and service

Marco Polo- very good

CJ's- ave food POOR service 2 times

Little Bar- good food nice view

Quinns- ave food

Cheap Food

Sand Bar- good food , good service, great prices FUN place good place to watch game

Rookies-good food fun place to watch the game

Joey's Pizza- good pizza nice place

Crazy Flamingo- EXCELLANT food--great prices- no service best grouper I had all week

Entertainment

Snook Inn-- nice happy hour

Porky's- good band on Friday

CJ"s- thursday night entertainment- real nice

Dayton, OH / Marco...
Destination Expert
for Marco Island, Everglades National Park, Goodland
Level Contributor
3,778 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Review.. Loved Marco Island

Mega thanks for the full report ... thanks for coming back to the forum.

It looks like you had a golf vacation. All the public courses are off Marco. So l'm glad you had a chance to do a lot of things on Marco.

I hope you were able to see a Marco sunset???

If there is a next time on Marco (like a beach vacation) consider a beachfront location condo/hotel. You will have a 360 turn on what you do and how you do your next Marco trip. But then you may consider a fishing vacation next, maybe a family vaca, or Everglades vaca .... Thanks

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Review.. Loved Marco Island

Dayton - great report! Guess I don't have to tell you how jealous I am! I was here in Ohio in the cold rain while you were walking and eating and drinking on that amazing white sand! Good for you!

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
136 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Review.. Loved Marco Island

About the golf --- what was the closest public course to Marco? Can anyone play/pay for use of driving range at the Rookery (isn't that the Marriott course)?

Thanks so much - dynamite report!!

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
319 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Review.. Loved Marco Island

Rookery is a public course and is the closest to Marco Island. Range is $20 per day including use of all traps, greens and unlimited balls. nice restaurant / .bar , nice clubhouse. This is the Marriott Resort Course.

Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,219 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Review.. Loved Marco Island

I'm not sure if calling the Rookery a public course is correct, at least based upon what we have been told and what is represented on the Marriott site. That doesn't mean that the public cannot use the course. I just think there needs to be availability. Availability during the off season is much greater than during the season. The same goes for Fiddler's Creek and the driving range you are referring to which both courses share. For example, the Rookery tee times will get filled first by its members and Marriott guests. Once again, this is based upon what we have been told.

Marco Island, FL
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Review.. Loved Marco Island

My husband is a member at the Rookery and as far as I know, it is reserved for Rookery Members and the Marriott guests.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
319 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Review.. Loved Marco Island

The only thing I know is that I came in off the street and played 3 times. The 1st time was prior to my arrival at the Marriott, but I must say the couse was NOT busy at all... Rules might be different during more crowded times but I was welcomed as was my $$$...lol

8. Re: Trip Review.. Loved Marco Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2010, 05:20