We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Map for pontoon excurision.

Litchfield, IL
Level Contributor
17 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Map for pontoon excurision.

Marco Homes , thanks for info. about Public Access. New question, where to get a good map of waterways for pontoon rental? When we vacation P.C. Beach we rent a pontoon for 2 days. We know where we can and can't go. Looking at the small maps on line of Marco Island, not clear where you can go or not go. We want to rent a pontoon for 3 days, and want to maximize its' use. (2nd.) Which pontoon rental would you recommend.? Thanks: Joealan

FREZZZING COLD IN ILLINOIS.

horwich
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Map for pontoon excurision.

When you rent a pontoon from either Cedar Bay Marina Or Marco River Marina you get a chart and are told where you can and can not go.

Hope this helps

Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,268 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Map for pontoon excurision.

If you are traveling to Marco during a busy time, be sure to reserve your boat early. We waited too long and as a result no boat excursion for us this year.

Litchfield, IL
Level Contributor
17 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Map for pontoon excurision.

Thanks for info. Going in middle of June. What I have read , it shouldn't be very busy. The city has a nice map on the web. I copied it, but I would like to get a bigger copy. Will the city mail one?

Thanks: Joealan in FREZZZZING ILLINOIS!!!!! Wind Chill - 20.

Marco Island,FL
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
573 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Map for pontoon excurision.

Hi,

The navigation maps will cover everywhere that you'll can and want to go. For example, you might want to go up to Naples. The navigation charts will have the marker IDs all the way up and down the inter-coastal waterway up to Naples and down the Marco River (the gulf between Marco Island and the mainland to the southern end of the island. I'm not aware that these charts are available for free anywhere on the net.

For navigating through the canal system, just about any map will do, for example maps.google.com.

Randy

Randy

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Map for pontoon excurision.

Hi there

Returning to Marco in May and like you try to rent a boat whilst there.

Check following link for local chart

www.charts.noaa.gov/OnLineViewer/11429.shtml

14 weeks and counting!!!

Si

Bristol UK

Florence, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Map for pontoon excurision.

For a pontoon boat, I highly reccomend Isles of Capri Marina over the Marco River Marina. The prices are about the same, the boats are about the same, but Isle of Capri Marina is much more lenient as to when and where you can take the boat. You can drive it at night, which Marco River wont let you do. You can take it to Cape Romano, which Marco River will not allow. That and the folks over at Isles of Capri treat you great. I can't say I've had the friendliest service at Marco River. Please at least give them a look before you decide. I think you'll be happy with them. We've rented from both and will always go with Isles of Capri Marina from now on.

7. Re: Map for pontoon excurision.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 July 2010, 07:18