We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay

glimmertos
Level Contributor
171 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay

Hi :)

we are coming to Florida in September for our honeymoon. We are thinking about spending a couple of days on Marco to see the gulf.

Can anyone recommend a good place to stay. We are on a pretty tight budget, so not to expensive :)

Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
1,713 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay

Pavillion Condos

http://www.pavillionvacationrentals.com/

September rates start at $125

The Boat House Motel on Marco Island - September rates start a $100 per night

(239) 642-2400

Marco Island,FL
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
573 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay

Many vacation rental homes are available for about $125 in September if you are staying a minimum of 4 nights. The owners might not post those rates, but September has the slowest demand of the entire year and many will be willing to deal. Don't be afraid to make offers.

Just go to Google and search for marco island rentals. A small house (even though it's not on the gulf, can be a whole lot more private for a honeymoon.

VRBO.com is also a good resource.

Randy

glimmertos
Level Contributor
171 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay

Thank you all :) I have beenn looking at beach rentals at beach club, any thoughts?

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay

For a honeymoon in September, absolutely the Marriott! It's not much more than a condo with bring your own towels, etc. It's luxury beyond belief. And September is the off season. Have gone for many years. Feel free to email me. Good luck! Annie

Dayton, OH / Marco...
Destination Expert
for Marco Island, Everglades National Park, Goodland
Level Contributor
3,922 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay

I just checked the Marriott for Sept 2010 ... it is $219 to $499 a night.

The Apollo condominium (or the time shares) on the beach is a good starter (first timer to Marco). I recommend it, If you want additional information send me an email.

You will love Marco ... staying on the beach is even better.

Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,251 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay

If you want to go the hotel route, search for specials for the Hilton and Marriott. I have been able to stay at the Hilton for under $100 a night in the off season--certainly a good value. You can also get a better rate for the Marriott simply by becoming a Marriott member (free, just need to sign up).

A home is a great option in that you will have your own pool/hot tub at many of the homes--nice and private. And, as stated, you should be able to negotiate a great deal in September. Also, homeowners can be very flexible on rental days.

A condo on the beach is wonderful option too. You should be able to find a nice one bedroom in a good price range. Since you just want a couple nights, Marco Red is right in that the Apollo would be a good choice. There is also a restaurant on the first floor of this building. I think the minimum rental at the Apollo is less than a week, so I am sure you will be able to find an owner who will rent for a couple days since it is the off season. You could also check South Seas, Sea Winds or Angler's Cove (on the bay) but just be clear you are only looking for a couple days.

7. Re: Where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 July 2010, 05:16