We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Airfare Sale

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,191 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
New Airfare Sale

Hope this won't be construed as "advertising"...just trying to share some news as the topic of airfares has been a focus recently.

Just (2/24) received notice by e-mail that DirectAir is running a "50'% off" sale starting today through March 7th. Those are the sale dates...not the travel dates. Hope they might be helpful to someone who is trying to find a good fare to Marco via PGD.

I believe their website is www.flydirectair.com

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,191 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Airfare Sale

In case anyone saw my note and attempted to contact Direct Air...I just received this e-mail notice:

"We apologize for the inconvenience. Our website is temporarily

down due to high traffic caused by the response to our 50% Off

sale. Please check again in a few hours. We will have

our site up and running as soon as possible. Thank you for your

patience."

michigan
Level Contributor
358 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Airfare Sale

Now it says its Under Construction

Marco Island,FL
Level Contributor
573 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Airfare Sale

Grandma Mac,

Who knew what influence you had on TripAdvisor that you could swamp DirectAir's webservers :>)

I hope you don't have the save effect on their aircraft!

Randy

Western NY
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,214 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Airfare Sale

It's www.visitdirectair.com.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,191 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Airfare Sale

Woops! Thanks, Jackiepaddy. I knew there was a word in fron of "directair.com, but my brain was stuck in thinking it was "fly" rather than "visit".

Hope someone was able to benefit from this sale!

Ontario
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: New Airfare Sale

I just booked my trip on March 1st, I even got the seats I wanted on the plane! I love DirectAir. They have spoiled me so that I don't want to fly with anyone else. Where we live, there are stopovers with every other airline. I use a wheelchair, and they are a great help to my needs. The other Airlines just seem to be too busy for anyone.

Western NY
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,214 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Airfare Sale

great news! Do you fly out of Niagara Falls?

Ontario
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: New Airfare Sale

No, I fly out of Plattsburgh. I love it there, I have not been hearing a lot of great stuff about Niagara Falls, but people will complain about anything. They often don't come on here to post the good stuff. For every 1000 people who have a good experience, one bad one will post a bad review. The 999 will not post anything. Then, every once in awhile someone will post something good. I have loved all of my experiences with DirectAir, so I can't imagine what they are talking about unless it is the actual airport.

9. Re: New Airfare Sale

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Marco Island