We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spring break

Which Marco Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cleveland,Ohio
5 posts
Save Topic
Spring break

I am going with my family the last week in March, and we are bringing 5 of my friends. We are all seniors in highschool and are excited for Marco! Last year our family vistited for the first time and had a great time. We arnt looking for anything more than going to the beach everyday, and heading back to our house for a cool down in the pool, but what do you suggest we do at night as I am aware the night life isnt that great!?

Western NY
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,206 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spring break

From your note, it sounds like you and your friends will have a great time on Marco. I think you would enjoy an evening sitting outside at The Snook Inn listening to music. Also, try the outdoor bar at The Esplanade called The Starbar for live music and outdoor dancing (or people watching!) on Thurs, Fri and Saturday nights. You can have dinner there, too, or hit Starbucks and Coldstone Creamery.

Check out the Sunshine Tours chickee hut at the Rose Marco River Marina for a sunset, dinner or lunch cruise.

Definitely go to the beach for a sunset.

Where are you staying?

Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,240 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spring break

There is usually a younger group at the theatre area also.

Cleveland,Ohio
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Spring break

We are staying in a house on lamplighter. about 2 blocks from the main beach strip by residence beach.

Naples
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spring break

Go to Naples in the evenings! 5th Avenue is great for roaming around a shopping, The Naples Princess is a fun boat tour that shows all of the multi-million dollar houses, and there's a mall. You could also take a day trip to Miami and go to Sawgrass Mills Mall or something :)

Naples
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spring break

BTW I lived on Marco when I was 21....You're right, there is NO night life!! My best advice is to stay away from local bartenders that will try to sleep with you!

Oh, try Captain Brien's for a comedy show...but go without your parents, it can get dirty!!

Cleveland,Ohio
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Spring break

when we were there last year we couldnt seem to find the cute shops where you can window shop while eating icecream.

London, United...
Level Contributor
925 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Spring break

You might enjoy a visit to Marco Movies, opposite the Hilton, where you can order a meal and eat as you watch the film.

Marco Island,FL
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
573 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Spring break

Highly Porky's Last Stand on Friday nights. A mostly female band called the Jezebels plays 60's - current rock music. Usually a crowd with many dancing. Recommend bringing your parents because it is a bar. They will enjoy the music too!

Randy

Cleveland,Ohio
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Spring break

Thanks for all the helpful tips! Also what are some good somewhat inexpensive ice cream hot spots?! Ice cream on marco is for sure a must. Also beside the movie theatre where do the younger crowds hang out?

10. Re: Spring break

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 March 2010, 06:05