We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gluten free on Marco Island

cleveland, OH
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Gluten free on Marco Island

Does anyone have any experience with finding gluten free food, either at a restaurant or grocery store, when they have visited Marco Island? We will be travelling with my 14 year old son who has celiac disease and it would be great if I knew of a couple places that had an awareness of or experience with this issue. Thanks!

Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gluten free on Marco Island

Summer Day Market and Cafe at 1069 N. Collier (Marco Town Center) has gluten free items on the menu and you can buy many things in the store which are gluten free. www.summerdaymarket.com . They also have a facebook page. They are a bit expensive.

The Winn Dixie store on the island has a good gluten free section 625 N. Collier

Paradise seafood sells gluten free items from Naples Pasta Company at 721 Bald Eagle Drive

Kretch's Restaurant at 527 Bald Eagle has a gluten free menu.

Carrabas Italian Grill at 951 and 41--12631 Tamiami Trail East-- has a gluten free menu--about 10 miles from Marco. Good food. I believe they have takeout available too.

Whole Foods Store: You could stop here before you travel to the island.

9101 Strada Place

Naples, Florida 34108

Bonefish Grill has a gluten free menu-

1500 5th Ave. S., Naples Bay Resort, Naples, (239) 417-1212

26381 U.S. 41 S. Bonita Springs (239) 390-9208

Cafe Alessio 1485 Pine Ridge Road, Naples has very good gluten free pizza.

cleveland, OH
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gluten free on Marco Island

Thanks so much for the great information - it is going to be so helpful. And it will make eating a little less of an adventure for my son!

cleveland, OH
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gluten free on Marco Island

I just returned from my trip to Marco Island and wanted to add a couple restaurants that we found that had gluten free menus. The first was actually in Naples on 5th Avenue and was called the Chop City Grille. Very pricy but if you are looking for something a little nicer they had an extensive gluten free menu and seemed to be very knowledgable about how to prepare a gluten free meal. The other was on Marco Island in a little plaza across from the Hilton hotel on S. Collier called Marco Walk. It was a Mexican restaurant called Nacho Mama's, and they also had a fairly good sized gluten free menu. Thought this information may be helpful to anyone else visiting in the area. In general we found that most of the restaurants we visited had a general knowledge of the gluten free diet, which made life easier for us!

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gluten free on Marco Island

I researched this topic for a poster a while back. If you run the thread, you should come up with what I found. I was surprised at how many places on that tiny island are actually aware and cater to gluten diets.

5. Re: Gluten free on Marco Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2010, 05:16