We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Newport...
2 posts
Save Topic
Marco in July

We've vacationed many times at Panama City Beach and love the gulf water. But we want to try some place different this summer. We have two teenage sons(15 & 13) and not sure if we want to try Marco or Siesta Key. I was hoping someone could give me some info on what the crowds are like in July and how do Marco and Siesta key compare to PCB. Thanks

Marco Island,FL
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
573 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marco in July

I honestly expect it will be about the same on siesta key, but what's beautiful about Marco in July is the peace and quiet. Except July 4th, you can feel like you can have the best place on the beach without having to rush out to claim the spot, the best restaurants and tables without reservations, and you can get to where ever you want without much traffic. It is heaven in Old Florida style!

Randy

Knoxville
Level Contributor
3,362 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marco in July

We spend our summers in Marco and I would HIGHLY recommend it. I don't know about Siesta Key, but I do think Marco is much nicer than Panama CIty Beach. Granted, there is not as much activity on the island itself as in PCB, but the peace and quiet can't be beat. Your boys may want a little more action, but if they do, you can always take a trip into the everglades or up to Naples. Marco is extremely quiet in the summer (unlike PCB), especially if you stay near South Marco Beach. Good luck with the decision!

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marco in July

Also highly recommend Marco in the summer. It's "off season" so walk right into best restaurants, no lines for anything. Not a lot of night life. You won't find any night clubs and late night dance clubs. You will find miles of gorgeous white sand beach. Have gone for years and when my kids were your kids' ages, I banned electronics on Marco. No lap tops, no Game Boys, no cell phones, They whined and moaned until we crossed the Jolly. (That bridge from the main land to Marco.) We kayaked, jet skied, strolled that amazing beach and most importantly, talked. We reconnected as a family, I did concede to a deck of cards. My boys became quite the poker sharks on the balcony of our room at the Marriott. Daughter and I would usually bomb out early in the game and go for a midnight stroll on that gorgeous beach. God, I miss those days! Go make memories!

4. Re: Marco in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Marco Island