We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heading to Marriot with family on July 5th week...

Which Marco Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Michigan
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
Heading to Marriot with family on July 5th week...

Went through a travel agency and ended up getting a "tropical view room". Has anyone stayed in this type of room before?

I'd like to upgrade to a Gulf/Pool view room and my agent told me it would be around $130 more per night...that would also depend on availability.

I guess I just don't want to be facing a parking lot, that's all. Anyone?

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Heading to Marriot with family on July 5th week...

If I were you I would call that Marriott and ask them what is a "tropical view" room.

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
412 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heading to Marriot with family on July 5th week...

also, why not try using the Marriott's website and book the room yourself, just to compare pricing?

Marco Island,FL
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
573 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heading to Marriot with family on July 5th week...

Just guessing here, but.....

Marco Island is a tropical island.

A tropical view would otherwise be known as an island view..... Which means you would have to go down to the beach in order to see sunsets. However, you'll probably have a terrific view of the sunrises.

Typically at hotels, if any sliver of water can be seen from the window, the view will be called gulfview.

Randy

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Heading to Marriot with family on July 5th week...

Have stayed there for years. It's an amazing place. Don't do the web site, or 800 number. I agree, call the resort directly, (239) 394-2511. They're very nice and most willing to accommodate. Almost every room in the resort has a beach view. The "Island View" is the last 2 rooms in the front of the resort that have a view of the front of the resort, Collier Blvd. and the parking lot across the street. If you are not a Marriott Rewards member, sign up before you call, It's absolutely free and just means you have their "frequent flyer" card. Just by signing up will give you some kind of "upgrade" when you get there. July is the off season on the island, but the 4th Holiday is a totally different ballgame at the Marriott. It can be very crowded. Sign up now for rewards program and call right away.

Michigan
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Heading to Marriot with family on July 5th week...

thanks for all the replies! I just signed up for the Marriot's rewards program. Anything that will help me get an upgrade. :-)

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
8,173 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Heading to Marriot with family on July 5th week...

Bing Maps' birds eye view might help visualize room locations.

Michigan
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Heading to Marriot with family on July 5th week...

wow, I've never tried that birds eye view....that's pretty impressive! thanks!

8. Re: Heading to Marriot with family on July 5th week...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 November 2010, 07:17