We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marco Island-Dining

Which Marco Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
USA
Level Contributor
129 posts
Save Topic
Marco Island-Dining

We will be staying at the Marriott over Labor Day weekend for and wanted to get recommendations for restaurants that will be open in Sept. We are looking for good seafood and fine dining a few nights, and some semi-casual places with good food. Please provide some advice.

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marco Island-Dining

Have gone for many years and always stay at the Marriott. Kurrent's at the Marriott is some of the best fine dining on the island. For seafood, Stan's on Goodland is a must. Plastic chairs, plastic utensils, food comes in plastic baskets. Great atmosphere, great food and an unbelievable time. Also Little Bar Restaurant on Goodland. Make a reservation. Can't get in without one. Marriott is within walking distance to Marco Walk. Captain Brien's has been a favorite of ours for many years. Also in Marco Walk is Cathy O'Clarke's that is an Irish pub with amazing seafood specials. We've always gone for Lobster Fest on Tuesdays and Shrimp fest on Thursdays. It's been a couple of years since we've been, so days may have changed. Quinn's (the Marriott beach bar) has the most amazing bar food I've ever had. Can give many tips on staying at the Marriott. Feel free to email me. Annie

USA
Level Contributor
129 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Marco Island-Dining

Thanks for all the dining suggestions.I would appreciate

Any tips about staying at the Marriott .

Thanks in advance for helping me with

Tips about the Marriott.

Also which of those restaurants

Are the fanciest . We will have a car

And don't mind driving do if you have more recommendations please let me know

Thanks so much!

Stamford, CT
Level Contributor
2 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marco Island-Dining

I agree with Turnerbudd about the Marriott. My family has been going down to Marco at least 3 times per year for the last 10 years since we have family who built a home there. The Marriott is far and away the best place to stay if you are looking for high end fulll service. It is very large but right on a beautiful beach with some new activity pools and generally at the very highest end of the Marriott chain. It could easily be a J.W. (higher end), but it is simply Marriott. Nevertheless, If I were staying on Marco at a hotel, I the Marriott would be my first choice - especially if you have kids, but even if you don't.

Also, Marco Beach Ocean Resort is high end on the same beach, but because it is smaller, it has far fewer activities on side than the Marriott.

For dining, you should go to The Esplanade which has at least three restuarants all on the water ranging from mid to high priced.

Little Bar and Stan's are in a villiage called Goodland which although technically a part of Marco Island, it remains its own municipality. It is a taste of real "old Florida." Essentially a fishing village with a group of resturants, mobile homes, and of course a small fishing fleet.

In addition to Goodland, you may want to check out Isles of Capri which has several very good seafood restuarants. Capri Fish House is good and they also rent kayaks there during the day.

Back on Marco itself, you should make a point to go the the Snook Inn - sort of a Marco landmark - on the water and with a good guitar player. Very layed back and you will thank me later for suggesting it. Beware, it cold get crowded so get there early or be prepared to wait. There are a lot worse places to have to wait 45 minutes than outside at the Snook Inn.

Regrettably, none of the restuarants are "musts' although there are several good ones with experienced and talented chefs. Collier House is very good continental cuisine prepared by a very experienced chef. If you are looking for "New York style" Chinese or Italian food s were often are, there are not that many options.

Little Bar in Goodland which was previously mentioned is a good place to get well prepared seafood, likely brought to the dock 50 yards from the kitchen.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Have a great time!

SMP

London, United...
Level Contributor
919 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marco Island-Dining

I'm another Marriott fan. The very helpful ladies on the concierge desk have a folder with menus from the restaurants on and around Marco. They really know what they are talking about. We have never had a bad meal at Verdi's, which is family run, and on Collier, a short drive from the Marriott. The Marco Ocean Beach Resort is a short walk from the Marriott. Lovely surroundings, but IMHO a lttle bit stuffy and formal for Florida. Agree that the Snook and Little Bar are worth trying. As you are staying at the Marriott, I think Kurrents there is a must for fine dining.

The buffet breakfasts at the Marriott cannot be faulted. This is also reflected in the price! There is a coffee shop on site, and we often get coffee, muffins, fruit salad etc. and eat them on our balcony, or at a table on the terrace overlooking the Tikki (Children's) pool. Another money saving tip while staying at the Marriott, each room has a small refrigerator. Go to the Winn Dixie on Collier, and buy in your own drinks. We also buy cheese, tomatoes and fruit etc. to make our own light lunch sometimes. Please post back here and let us know about your stay. Enjoy!

USA
Level Contributor
129 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Marco Island-Dining

I was looking for more formal dinner places than stans and Capri . Any other suggestions for more formal dinners. I will be there in sept and I know places like Verdi are closed for vaca. Thanks for all the help

Stamford, CT
Level Contributor
2 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Marco Island-Dining

Marrick's Collier House in Old Marco is very good as is Sale e Pepe in the Marco Beach Ocean Resor. Those would qualify as fine dining. There are other very expensive places but I think those two tend to stand out to me as a cut above from a foodie perspective.

You ight be well served to go to downtown Naples and have dinner at Bice, the Naples outpost of the great New York Power Lunch Mecca.

I also agree with the positive comment about the Marriott brunch buffet. It is a VERY complete buffet and a decent value.

Indiana
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Marco Island-Dining

Tare Steak and Lobster or Guy Harvey's in The Esplanade might be to your liking.

London, United...
Level Contributor
919 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Marco Island-Dining

One restaurant that doesn't get mentoined much is the Marco Polo. We had a lovely meal there, and could not fault the staff or the food. There was also entertainment, a singer. Can't tell you exactly where it is, other than on the island, as it was dark, and we took advantage of their complimentary limo service, and were collected from the Marriott and delivered back there by a very polite driver. The concierge made our reservation for us. You can get to the many reviews by using the search box at the top of the page.

USA
Level Contributor
129 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Marco Island-Dining

Ok now Ian getting nervous. Is the island going to be a ghost town labor day weekend. I called Marco polo and collier house and they will both be closed in Sept. Will there be any fancy places open? The menus at both places are exactly what I like. Does anybody have recommendations for a fancy seafood place that will be open in sept? I also looked at the reviews for Tara steak and it got bad reviews.

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Marco Island-Dining

Verdi's will be closed. They reopen Sept. 26th. Bummer! Tara's Steak & Seafood is also not open Labor Day Weekend. Little Bar is currently closed and message does not say when they will reopen. Have to think it will be after Labor Day.