We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi service to Stan's from Marriott

Which Marco Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Eastern PA
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
taxi service to Stan's from Marriott

We'll be coming down in mid-October, staying at the Marriott, and want to go to Stan's on Sunday. How easy is it to get taxi service to and from and does anyone have an idea of what the fare might be? thanks.

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi service to Stan's from Marriott

Canary Taxi on the island is very reliable. (239) 325-7207. Have used them several times.

Marco Island,FL
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
565 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi service to Stan's from Marriott

And I think the taxi companies have raised their rate to $6 to get to anywhere on Marco.

Randy

London, United...
Level Contributor
903 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: taxi service to Stan's from Marriott

The concierge at the Marriott will advise and book a taxi for you. They are very helpful and knowledgeable about the Island.

Eastern PA
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: taxi service to Stan's from Marriott

thanks for all the info. I doubt we'll have any problems getting a taxi from the Marriott....it's our return trips that I need assurance for! Getting stuck at Stan's without a ride back doesn't seem like the worst fate in the world. I just want to make sure that if we call for a cab when we're out, we can get one within a reasonable period of time.

Marco Island,FL
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
565 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: taxi service to Stan's from Marriott

Since the island is only 4 miles by 6 miles, the farthest away a taxi can be is 6 miles which would be about 12 minutes.

Maybe during high season (Feb & March) all the taxi's could be tied up, but during the rest of the year I think you'll find them quite available.

Randy

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: taxi service to Stan's from Marriott

Have done this many times. We always let our driver know we need a ride back to the Marriott and then tipped him well. Always got a card with a phone no. to call. Response time was so short that we believe they wait around on

Goodland because not much happening on Marco.

7. Re: taxi service to Stan's from Marriott

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2011, 04:18