We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marco-spring break-Hilton or Marriott? Weather?

Which Marco Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
506 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Marco-spring break-Hilton or Marriott? Weather?

We have never been to Marco, but we have been looking for somewhere warm that is in the US. We are traveling with 2 teenagers and elderly parents. Will it be warm enough for the kids to swim in the pool. Which hotel is best for teens Marriott or HIlton? Reviews seem better for Hilton, but pool looks better at Marriott. Will there be lots of other spring break families? A friend said it's mostly retirees.

florida
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Marco-spring break-Hilton or Marriott? Weather?

Marco itself is a mixed community. Certainly, many retirees, but also a good number of younger families.

During spring break, the beach is FULL of "spring breakers", as will the hotels. Also, look into programs at the Y and Mackle Park for teenagers. If they like basketball, many visiting teens meet others on the court at Mackle.

I don't know when your spring break is, but except on exceptionally cool days, the pools are well used at both Hilton and Marriott. Mariott has recently undergone extensive renovations, incluing to the pool area. The Mariott is surrounded, on the beach, by condos and perhaps a few time shares. The Hilton is right next to the Radisson.

Naples, Fl
Level Contributor
641 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marco-spring break-Hilton or Marriott? Weather?

Marco Island is virtually devoid of "spring breakers" there may be some teens like yours visiting their grand parents but it is by no means FULL. Fort Myers has a better kid scene and to a lesser extent Naples ( again mostly kids visitng grandparents --free lodging!!) there is virtually no nightlife for spring breakers on Marco. Your kids will be entertained by the pool it will be most likly to cold to swim in the gulf Marriott's pool is cool.

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
506 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marco-spring break-Hilton or Marriott? Weather?

Thanks for the input. My kids are too young to be partaking in any "nightlife". I'm just hoping there will be other kids around to give the appearance that this is a fun place to be. I read somewhere that the Marriott pool is heated, does anyone know for sure? I will call them and ask before I book.

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marco-spring break-Hilton or Marriott? Weather?

We go to the Marco Marriott every year for spring break. You don't say exactly when you're going. The pool at the Marriott is heated. Last year we were there the last week of March/first of April. It was in the 60's at night. The pool was like a warm bath. Had a terrible time getting my kids out of it. Past years, we were there the end of April, it was 80's during the day and mid to upper 70's at night. There are lots of teens there during spring break, but they are with their families, not traveling on their own. Marco's a great place. Wherever you wind up you're bound to have a terrific time.