We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Link please

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,192 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Link please

Hi- having alwsy visited in July we are now considering next september/october for our holiday.... have been looking for a good site to review the history of hurricanes hittting (or near misses hopefully) of MI.. can anyone help please...

I know I'm being pessimistic BUT need the facts before I bring the family out......Thank you

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Link please

Try

http://www.wunderground.com/

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/pastall.shtml

I'd suggest late October if you can... not because of hurricanes (although somewhat rare they can still hit, Wilma being the last one I can remember) but rather the start of the seasonal cooling that everyone that lives here looks forward to!!!!!

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Link please

Hopefully you already got my e-mail,. However, still have to reply on the forum. Sept/Oct is amazing on the island. August is traditionally and statistically the worst for hurricanes. Have personally run from Charlie in August. I vote for book it, go and have a great time!

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,192 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Link please

Thanks Both.. and yes received email thank you... I think I'm 99.9% there but.... no flight details out yet for mid october so got to wait a couple of weeks.... and possibly wont book anything until after christmas now... wow already excited.....

Dayton, OH / Marco...
Destination Expert
for Marco Island, Everglades National Park, Goodland
Level Contributor
4,038 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Link please

Besides the busy season, on Marco, my favorite time to go is late Oct early November.

Why?

Less crowds, all restaurants are open, weather is unbelievable. Summer is the kids/family season on Marco.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,192 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Link please

something I should of asked earlier.. Is Stans open at this ime of year... I thought end august/september he took off..I should check his web site... ! Thanks everybody for your help... much appreciated..

Marco Island,FL
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
573 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Link please

Hi UnsureNow,

I think Sept/Oct is such a great time of the year on Marco it is worth the risk of tropical storm activity. As you see on the chart contained on the webpage of the link I'm including, tropical storms are the most frequent from Aug 20th - Oct 20th in the Atlantic and Caribbean.

nhc.noaa.gov/HAW2/english/basics/climo.shtml

Hope to meet you there in Sept/Oct because I'll be there!

Randy

Edited: 14 November 2010, 17:15
Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Link please

Stan's is closed in September, but open for business in October. Once again, GO!! HAVE A GREAT TIME! I promise to be incredibly jealous!

8. Re: Link please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2011, 05:21
Get answers to your questions about Marco Island