We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation for under 25's

Which Marco Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,192 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
transportation for under 25's

can anyone please recomend transportation company from MI / Naples to Orlando please...

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,611 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transportation for under 25's

'if you can't rent a car (best and cheapest way and some companies will rent to under 25's) then a flight would be easiest.

Otherwise an expensive pp shuttle will be in order. Try Floridasunshineshuttles

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,611 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transportation for under 25's

MIA to orlando

\

www.redcoachusa.com/orlandotomiami.html

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
4,629 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transportation for under 25's

As Amanx says car rental may be an option - though the insurance surcharge for under 25 is often as much as the car rental itself. Try sites like carhire3000, Virgin or other UK centric agents.

Florida Express bus shows $60/person Orlando to Naples. You can pay extra for local pick up which may be better than them having to get to the local depot/ticket office. It's a fairly early start on the dates I looked at (05:30)

Greyhound bus with a transfer in Tampa - a later start at typically 08:40 and lower fare but a longer journey at over 7 hours (as opposed to about 4 hours on Express bus/in a car). They would need to get to the depot at John Young Parkway which is about 12 miles from International Drive. Taxi to there is an option, I guess around $25. The Naples depot is on Davis Boulevard, not far off the US41 Tamiami Trail.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,192 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transportation for under 25's

Thank you appreciate all your thoughts... and will start checking your recommendations out.. Driving isnt an option... mum( yea thats me!) would be worried all the time..so easiest is to get them on a coach........again appreciate your help....

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,611 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: transportation for under 25's

I would be less worried if my children drove a car rather than a bus in the USA.

I say this, as an american who has lived in europe 20 years. In the USA apart frm major cities like NY, DC, MIA, san fran etc no one rides the bus but those without the money to travel another way. Esp Greyhound (which was an excellent way to travel in years past).

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: transportation for under 25's

what about a train?

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,192 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: transportation for under 25's

I dont believe trains are an option from orlando to naples...

www.redcoachusa.com/orlandotomiami.html

the above doesnt help me it doesnt stop at \Naples....

I am now looking orlando to naples.. we can pick them up from Naples as we're on MI

Have seen this www.thefloridaexpressbus.com/index.php?do=faq does anyone have any knowledge or experience of this company please?

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,611 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: transportation for under 25's

TBH, if they can't drive then I would drive them myself- all the way or put them on a plane. Naples to Orlando is around 4-4.5 hours.

I have heard of the company you mentionned, but I don't remember if it was good or bad- do a search onthe FL forum.

I'd drive the 8 hours rather than entrust my kids to Greyhound.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,116 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: transportation for under 25's

I'm suspecting the OP means Marco Island, not Miami in their original question as it is paired with Naples in the sentance as an either/or... certainly no flights available in that case...it is hard to get from most somewhat small towns( like Naples or Marco) to Orlando unless you can rent a car...

Edited: 08 February 2011, 20:33
Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,192 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: transportation for under 25's

spot on Lulu.. yes its marco island not miami.... thank you ... we will drive them back. to orlando for their return flight home..but its not grey hound (whats wrong with greyhound..wirdos on the bus???) bus service i 'm thinking of using for them..

Cansomeone tell me whats wrong with these shuttle service.. and if your in the UK wouldnt you use national express?????.