We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marco in 8 DAYS!!!!! Jet Ski Tour Advice

Champaign, Illinois
Level Contributor
379 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Marco in 8 DAYS!!!!! Jet Ski Tour Advice

Girls get-away trip. Looking to relax on beach and enjoy fine dining with plenty of seafood!

Looking at some of the jet ski tours mentioning dolphin sightings, etc...Is there a company specificaly you would recommend? Don't want to spend but 2 hours maybe on the tour.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The Dolphin Explorer
Dolphin & Whale Watching, Boat Tours, Eco Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Hemingway Water Shuttle
Boat Tours, Eco Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching
Sunshine Bike Tours
City Tours, Bike Tours, Eco Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Sunshine Tours
Fishing Charters & Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Dayton, OH / Marco...
Destination Expert
for Marco Island, Everglades National Park, Goodland
Level Contributor
4,107 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marco in 8 DAYS!!!!! Jet Ski Tour Advice

Cakelady you will be staying on Marco beach or off the beach? You can get a tour off the beach or at Caxambas Pass.

You want to do a tour of the 10,000 islands ... into the Everglades?

Champaign, Illinois
Level Contributor
379 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marco in 8 DAYS!!!!! Jet Ski Tour Advice

We are not on the beach. Staying about a six minute drive to Tigertail beach. I think the 10,000 Islands sounds fun. Suggestions!

New Brunswick, NJ
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Marco in 8 DAYS!!!!! Jet Ski Tour Advice

We have gone on a jet ski tour with a place called Captain Ron's and had a great time. Saw a bunch of dolphins and got very close to them. They also do a shelling stop on a little island. Its the only tour of this type that I have every been on, so nothing to compare it to, but would definitely go back with them again.

Champaign, Illinois
Level Contributor
379 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marco in 8 DAYS!!!!! Jet Ski Tour Advice

I see very good reviews of Captain Rons. Anyone else used them and have comments?

Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,292 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marco in 8 DAYS!!!!! Jet Ski Tour Advice

Our family has used Capt. Rons more than once. The jet skis are new and well maintained. Each time we went, we were on the jet skis for longer than we paid for. We saw dolphins, manatees, back waters, etc. We also went shelling on an island. Very, very nice tour.

Level Contributor
73 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Marco in 8 DAYS!!!!! Jet Ski Tour Advice

We also used Capt. Rons tours, and got nearly an extra hour over what we paid for! Managed to see lots of dolphins, a bald eagle, small shark (near the South Beach shore), a Ray and a very quick glance at a manatee. We also stopped for some shelling at a small beach, which allowed also for a break from skiing. We had a disk with pics from the day on it provided in the price, which meant we didnt have to bother taking a camera ourselves. They are very safety conscious, and give a good talk on do's and dont's before heading out (even though we had used similar jet ski's before). From what other posters on here have said, Capt. Rons tours seem to be more cost effective than tours being sold from hotels etc. We certainly found our trip worth the money, and was actually a highlight to very good and relaxing trip to Marco.

Champaign, Illinois
Level Contributor
379 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Marco in 8 DAYS!!!!! Jet Ski Tour Advice

Thank you all so much for your advice! Going to book a trip with Captain Rons!

ontario
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Marco in 8 DAYS!!!!! Jet Ski Tour Advice

you must call PJ at waveriderz. HE is amazing, and you will have an awsome time.. BEST Prices and fully loaded machines with maps. Great for a beginner or expert, WE seen dolpins and cruised the waters. call him and let him know that Terri, the Canadian reccommended him.

YOU will never regret it... TRUST ME.. he is the only and the best.!!!

I live in Canada, and he had everything planned and done for us..

Marco Island...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Marco in 8 DAYS!!!!! Jet Ski Tour Advice

DON'T WASTE YOUR PRECIOUS VACATION TIME WITH WaveRiderz. This PJ guy totally took us for a ride, or rather...he didn't! We had booked a tour on Tuesday of our family vacay for 3 waveriders for 3 hours (nice deal for him), he cancelled on Tuesday morning ... saying he didn't think we were confirmed...and so he booked Thursday. But by the time Thursday came around his phone number was disconnected. What a drag! Now I had to tell my kids that the 3 hour wave runner tour was sunk, and now we have to find an alternate. You know we only have 1 week of vacation and really would have preferred to deal with someone who is a real business person, not some flake fly by night like WaveRiderz.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,194 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Marco in 8 DAYS!!!!! Jet Ski Tour Advice

I suggest Capt Alex Suputo

http://www.naplesnews.com/staff/alex_saputo/

floridabackcountryadventures.com/boatingexcu…

Really informative... really nice guy... can do a couple of hours on the water or if you want to collect shells then maybe 3 hours....

Have a happy holiday...