We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marco Beaches

Which Marco Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ohio
Level Contributor
510 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Marco Beaches

As I am looking for somewhere to stay on Marco Island I noticed some different beach names Are all of these beaches the same ? As you can tell I know nothing about this area. Thx

Dayton, OH / Marco...
Destination Expert
for Marco Island, Everglades National Park, Goodland
Level Contributor
3,693 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marco Beaches

Marco Island Beach is a long beach ... so long I doubt only but a few people have walked the entire beach in one session.

Since the beach is so long people have placed names to parts of the one beach. From the North the name of the beaches are: Hideaway Beach, Tigertail Beach, Residents Beach and South Beach.

Keewaydin Beach is the beach directly north of Marco and Morgan Beach is directly south of Marco. Both of these beaches require a boat to access them.

Marco and surrounding area have miles and miles and miles of white sandy beaches.

Knoxville
Level Contributor
3,132 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marco Beaches

We like staying on the south side of the island much better than the north. It is much quieter and (I think) prettier on that particular part of the island. If you stay in this area of Marco, South Marco beach is the one you will visit most often. All of the beaches are nice, but South Marco and Tigertail are the public beaches. They are very different, as Tigertail is very natural and you must walk through a shallow "lagoon" to reach the beach. There are lots of wading birds here and it is certainly a unique place! Both beaches are beautiful, we just prefer the other side of the island for many reasons.

Dayton, OH / Marco...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,693 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marco Beaches

I love Tigertail Beach. But people aren't clued in and have complaints about one of Florida's wonders.

The Tigertail parking lot is at the entrance to a lagoon. The lagoon is not the beach on the Gulf.

And people complain about the walk to Tigertail beach on the Gulf. The shortcut to the beach is through the lagoon. I park to the left when you come in and walk around the lagoon to the beach ... but I love walking the sands of the Gulf.

Ohio
Level Contributor
510 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marco Beaches

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and info. What part of the island is the Marrriott on? Actually looking for a condo near this area since the Marriott is so expensive.

Knoxville
Level Contributor
3,132 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marco Beaches

The Marriott is in South Marco, about a half mile (or less) from South Beach. There are a lot of condos/houses for rent in that area. We use vacationrentals.com to find rental properties and we have never been disappointed. Good luck . . . Marco is AMAZING!!!!!

Western NY
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Marco Beaches

I'm another north end of Marco lover. Have rented homes in the Tiger Tail Beach neighborhoods for 15+ years. We love being able to walk to the beach and to The Esplanade for coffee, dinner, ice cream. We also rent a pontoon boat and like to take it to Winn-Dixie (yes, you can go by boat!).

We rented once on Galleon off Winterberry but missed our old 'hood.

Ohio
Level Contributor
510 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Marco Beaches

Any suggestions for condos directly gulf front for me to search on vacationrentals.com? Just 2 adutls so any size would be fine. Be nice to find one that rents nightly since not sure if we are staying for a week.

Thx

Dayton, OH / Marco...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,693 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Marco Beaches

Here are the 3 top weekly rentals on the South end of Marco

Somerset - 2 and 3 bedrooms

Sea Winds - 2 bedrooms

Apollo - 1 bedroom and 3 bedrooms

Since you are 2 people I recommend the Apollo 1 bedroom. Not as nice as the Marriott but closer to the beach and better beach view.

I would contact one of the Marco Island rental companies with boots on the ground so if you have issues they can provide quick assistance.

Good luck.

9. Re: Marco Beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2012, 07:16