We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking to rent at Eagles Nest in May

Methuen...
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Looking to rent at Eagles Nest in May

My wife and I are looking to book a week at Eagles Nest in may for our anniversary (May 21-28). I know this is a timeshare faciltiy and we are not timeshare owners. If you book through Hilton the rates are very high even for May. Wondering if there is a way to rent the week in question through the actual owners. Thanks.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,185 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking to rent at Eagles Nest in May

Take a look at www.redweek.com

I receive regular notices from them re: available timeshare rentals and Eagles Nest is often among the units listed. I believe you must pay a modest fee to "join" if you actually want to follow through with making a rental. For some reason, I think that is in the area of about $15, but I may be off a bit.

I have seen a unit advertised from time-to-time on www.vrbo.com (vacation rentals by owners). If you go to that site, just click on Florida,>Southwest Gulf Area > Marco Island>Eagles Nest....it's pretty logical.

Good luck!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,185 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking to rent at Eagles Nest in May

Just an FYI...I took a look at Redweek. They do not currently have an available unit listed for your week in May. This can change from time-to-time, so may be worth checking again at a later date if the rates appeal. Seems the 2BR / 2B oceanfront / oceanview units are in the $900 - $950 per week area at that time of year. Not sure how that compares with resort rates....

By the way, their "weeks" generally run from Fri. - Fri.

Edited: 15 February 2011, 18:10
Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,262 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking to rent at Eagles Nest in May

If you google Eagles Nest, Marco Island, rent from owner, you will get some results. There are also a couple options listed on VRBO.

Methuen...
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking to rent at Eagles Nest in May

Thanks for your replies. I will check out those sites.

Also, could you recommend any condos on Marco that are comparable to Eagles Nest? It appears easier to find weeks available with condos that are fully owned but there are so many to choose from. I take it you know Marco very well so any ideas and/or suggestions is appreciated.

Brian

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,185 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking to rent at Eagles Nest in May

One condo you might take a look at in Seawinds:

http://www.vrbo.com/177920 Unit at Seawinds on the beach

Also, there are many one BR units at the Apollo on the beach. Some of them look quite nice, but I have read mixed reviews about the Apollo...seems some people really like it while others have been disappointed. I suspect that depends, at least in part, on the particular condo one rents. There are MANY listed on the vrbo.com website.

Again, I would put the term "Apollo" in the search box and read some past reviews written by others who have stayed on that property and come to your own conclusion. Great location, though....

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,185 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking to rent at Eagles Nest in May

Actually, if you look at the left side column, you will see property reviews, including many for the Apollo....

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,192 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking to rent at Eagles Nest in May

Marco Island Vacation Properties, Inc.

we're using these people to book through this year?

Methuen...
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking to rent at Eagles Nest in May

Thanks folks for your help. We actually found a unit through vrbo.com at the Somerset Condos. It looks great and we are excited even if it's still three months away. Appreciate the helpful tips.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,185 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking to rent at Eagles Nest in May

Whoaaaa..Good Job! The Somerset looks VERY nice and I have thought about renting there, but when it comes right down to it, a home rental just works best for us most of the time.

Do come back and let us know about the unit you stay in....

AND

Happy Anniversary!

Methuen...
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking to rent at Eagles Nest in May

Thank you GrandmaMac. Appreciated your help. This will be our second time to Marco and hope to make it an annual thing. While the eagles nest was originally our first choice we are more than happy with booking the Somerset. I will be sure to post up a review of the place and our trip in general. .

As an aside to the original topic. I was thinking of heading up to Disney for a day trip just for fun...I know its a major haul but is it insane for a day trip? My wife just shakes her head on this idea of mine. lol.