We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Activities for kids 13,9 and 1

Arnold, Maryland
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Activities for kids 13,9 and 1

I'm going to be staying at Hilton Marco in late April with my family that includes kids 13,9 and 1 year old. Can you suggest things to do that could include my 1 year old daughter (she will be 1 year and 3 weeks old in Marco). Thanks

Arnold, Maryland
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Activities for kids 13,9 and 1

One more question:how is the swimming on the beach for the kids?

Thanks

Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Activities for kids 13,9 and 1

You are staying at the Hilton so you may just never leave it.

I am sure they will have plenty of activities for the kids.

If you do leave the hotel-

I think for the younger kids, Tigertail beach will be your best bet for a full day on the beach. Snack shack, little playground, shallow water- all good for the young ones. The older child will want to rent the electric paddle boats and will find others his/her age to play with. South beach will be a little more boring for them, but still fun to dig in the sand and swim.

You have to go to Mackle park with them all. They will all find something fun to do.

Caxambas pass for viewing the people fishing, checking out the live bait, watching the boats and the seeing the dolphin feed.

Esplanade for ice cream is fun as well.

I have never stayed at a hotel with our family on Marco.

We enjoy the private homes with our own pool and fishing in the back yard.

If you stay at the hotel or venture out, you will have days filled with fun, laughs, and smiles!

Edited: 02 March 2011, 17:51
Western NY
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Activities for kids 13,9 and 1

Agree with all MTM 's suggestions. Check out The Marco Review magazine for other ideas at www.marcoreview.com.

All of you will enjoy a Thursday evening at CJs On The Bay at The Esplanade at www.cjsonthebay.com. The outdoor bar and music is fun and the view is to die for. You can get Coldstone Creamery while you're there. They'll also enjoy a very casual lunch or dinner at The Snook Inn. Good for dolphin watching and there's often live music.

Don't miss Sweet Annie's for ice cream.

Arnold, Maryland
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Activities for kids 13,9 and 1

Thank you so much for your ideas, they all sound great. I'm sure my older kids will do things on their own but I wanted to include my little one in some of the activities.

Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,263 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Activities for kids 13,9 and 1

You can rent jogger strollers, beach wagons, etc. at www.tinytikestreasures.com on the island. Island Bike shops also rents bikes and burleys. The island is very nice for biking.

6. Re: Activities for kids 13,9 and 1

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 23:18