We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sad news about Captain (in Goodland)!

Knoxville
Level Contributor
3,265 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Sad news about Captain (in Goodland)!

Someone on the forums just recently asked how Captain was doing and if he was still around. I responded "yes", because the last time we were here, he was alive and well. Well, unfortunately, I was wrong! We just arrived on the island last night and ate lunch at Marker 8, where we were introduced to the newest Goodland parrot, Pirate. He replaced Captain when Captain was attacked by a dog (I knew there was a reason I didn't like dogs!). Anyway, Pirate is just like Captain in looks and behavior (yes, he was patiently waiting on his golf cart). His owner came out and put him on our shoulders - my daughter LOVES him!!! I would attach a picture if only I knew how!

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sad news about Captain (in Goodland)!

Captain is gone??? We should have a forum memorial or at least a moment of silence!

Western NY
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sad news about Captain (in Goodland)!

OMG!!!! That's horrible!!! I'm the one who asked about Captain. I have some great pics of him at Marker 8. Please send our sympathy to the gang on Goodland.

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sad news about Captain (in Goodland)!

Jackie, Clare, MarcoRed, I think we should at least have a universal moment for Captain. Clare's on the island now. She can represent the rest of us. She can hoist a glass and say something incredibly profane! He'd love that! What do you think?

Dayton, OH / Marco...
Destination Expert
for Marco Island, Everglades National Park, Goodland
Level Contributor
3,922 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sad news about Captain (in Goodland)!

May Captain rest in piece ... as the sunsets thus the sun rises in the East.

Nothing surprises me about Goodland ... Goodland is always an amazing surprise.

Knoxville
Level Contributor
3,265 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sad news about Captain (in Goodland)!

jackie - I will certainly let Captain's owner know that people all over the country were saddened by his loss. It's funny how SO many people were familiar with him and how he became a staple of Goodland. I will tell you, though, I didn't realize Captain was missing until his owner informed us . . . Pirate is SO similar. He was entertaining everyone around (a little Captain in the making)!

MarcoRed- You are right - Goodland is a strange and wonderful place! We LOVE heading down there over and over again when on Marco.

6. Re: Sad news about Captain (in Goodland)!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 04:15