We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Never been, going in July, Questions

Philadelphia...
4 posts
Save Topic
Never been, going in July, Questions

My wife and I (late 30's) are staying at the Marriot Beach Resort from July 15th to the 18th, need to know:

Should I bother with the hotel breakfast buffet, or go somewhere else close by?

Where else should we eat dinner? How far away are these places? (casual and upscale)

Marriot is assoc. with The Rookery course, is it a nice track?

Anything else I should know?

Thanks in advance

London, United...
Level Contributor
965 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Never been, going in July, Questions

The breakfast buffet at the Marriott is extremely good IMHO, but it is charged accordingly. You might like to try it once, just to indulge yourselves. We also like breakfasts at Ne Ne's, about half a mile down the road. Marco Walk, which is a 5-10 minute walk away from the Marriott, is a small shopping area with a number of good restaurants. DaVinci's (Italian casual) is very popular, as is Captain Brien's,(Seafood) The concierges at the Marriott have a book of menus, and are very helpful & well informed. You might find it useful to know that several restaurants on the Island, will provide complimentary transport. These include The Snook Inn, which is v. casual, although I personally think the location on the water, and atmosphere is better than the food. Marco Polo, and Cafe de Marco are more upscale, and they too will provide a car to collect and deliver you back . It's a small island, so nothing is too far away, and there are several taxi firms if you don't have a car.

Kurrents is the Marriott's own upscale restaurant, and we have always found the food and service good

There are so many restaurants on the island, that you will be spoilt for choice, and in July they shouldn't be too crowded.

Dress tends to be casual.Even in the upscale restaurants a sundress and sandals are fine for women, short sleeved shirts and slax for men. Enjoy!

2. Re: Never been, going in July, Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 00:18
Get answers to your questions about Marco Island