We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Somerset Condos

Bloomfield, New...
3 posts
Save Topic
Somerset Condos

Staying at the Somerset Condos and need a place to rent beach chairs and umbrellas...

Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,268 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Somerset Condos

Are you sure that the owner you are renting from doesn't provide you with some of these items? Otherwise, you can purchase the umbrella's fairly reasonably on the island. I do not recall anywhere on the Somerset end of the island where you can rent beach chairs. I would really be surprised if the owner isn't providing you with some chairs though.

Dayton, OH / Marco...
Destination Expert
for Marco Island, Everglades National Park, Goodland
Level Contributor
4,029 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Somerset Condos

Typically the units have chairs and umbrellas provided.

No there is no beach chair rentals on South Beach ... but you can rent them outside the time shares beachfront units (I believe the green umbrellas).

Ask the owner where they have been placed in the unit.

I have rented on the first floor of the Somerset and may be able to help you on your next trip to the Somerset .... send me a TA message if you still need help.

Edited: 16 July 2011, 20:51
Studio City
Level Contributor
19 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Somerset Condos

What is your overall opinion about the Somerset? Is it kid-friendly? We are a family of four - two kids ages 10 and 12. I've looked at some units thru VRBO, etc. and Somerset seems nice. Is it in a good part of the beach? Also, I think I read something about the pool having limited hours for kids? Any other condos you might suggest?

ma
Level Contributor
30 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Somerset Condos

Just 3 buildings up the beach from Somerset are yellow & green umbrellas. It's Paul's beach rentals, for $25/day or $100/week, he provides 2 thick cushion loung chairs with an umbrella. It's just a short walk from your place.

Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,268 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Somerset Condos

Somerset is located on a great area of the beach. Pool is open dawn til dusk. Kids under 12 (or maybe 12 and under) must have a parent with them. I have three children and have rented there. No special pool hours other than this.

There are some condos on the island who have special lap swim hours. From everyting we were able to observe, Somerset is not one of them.

6. Re: Somerset Condos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2013, 10:30