We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shelling Tour

Which Marco Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
175 posts
165 reviews
Save Topic
Shelling Tour

Wondering if you all would think a shelling tour would be appropriate for a 3 1/2 yr old toddler who is a beach lover? If so, any recommendations on who we should book with? We will be at the Marriott, so I'm sure they have vendors, but wanted your expert advice on this...Thank you!

London, United...
Level Contributor
901 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shelling Tour

Have done the shelling tour from the Marriott with small children on 2 occasions, and it was fine. They loved it.We saw dolphins both times. The children were required to wear life jackets, which we were pleased about,and they didn't object either! They were thrilled to explore the little island, (sand spit) where we collected masses of shells.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,192 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shelling Tour

we used - alex saputo a number of years ago when daughter was 8 ish* - she's going to be with us again this year ans guess who she wants a trip with - Yeah Alex! It's and eco tour etc and shelling & watching the dolphins...

http://www.naplesnews.com/staff/alex_saputo/

floridabackcountryadventures.com/boatingexcu…

may be alittle too old for your babe but would certainly keep you occupied...

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
175 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shelling Tour

Thank you so much for your info UnsureNow! Its important for me to have personal opinions on this sort of thing, I love hedging my bets! Have a great day!

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
175 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shelling Tour

UnsureNow, I went to Capt Alex's website and it looks awesome! Do you recall the price range for eco and shelling tours? Any help would be welcome! Beth

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,192 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shelling Tour

hi sure - yes will email you the costs

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
175 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shelling Tour

Unsure Now, could you tell me how I can send people private messages, like the one you sent to me via TA? Thanks!

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,192 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shelling Tour

sent details in message...

Santa Ana...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Shelling Tour

Hello UnsureNow,

Can you please also email me the price for this? I checked out the website you recommened, and it looked awesome.

Thanks,

Diane.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,192 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Shelling Tour

Sent the info Diane..

10. Re: Shelling Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 10:16