We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Access

Denver, Colorado
9 posts
Save Topic
Beach Access

Hi

We're looking to rent a house on Marco Island, but I cant tell exactly where the beach access points are. I'm looking for a place to walk to the beach.... I know about Tiger tail, but where are the others? What cross street are they near?

thanks

pat

Mentioned in this post
Marco Island
Marco Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Knoxville
Level Contributor
3,484 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Access

The other main entrance is South Marco beach at the very southern end of Marco. It is the entrance we prefer and is at the 1st intersection of Collier and Swallow (not the intersection closest to Caxambas). There are many houses to rent in this area and it tends to be a bit quieter than the Tigertail area. Both locations are very nice, though. The final public entrance is a small one between Residents beach and a hotel (Marco Beach Resort I think) - this would be my last recommendation, though. It is more crowded here, a small entrance with no restrooms, and sort of difficult to find.

Mentioned in this post
South Marco Beach
South Marco Beach
833 Reviews
Marco Island, FL
Marco Island
Marco Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Western NY
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,214 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach Access

Crescent beach is a 6 miles long public beach that lines the entire west coast of Marco Island and has 4 public access points which are Tigertail Beach, north property line of the Marriott Hotel and Spa, along south property line of the Marriott Crystal Shores and South Beach which is just south of the Apollo condo. Only Tigertail and South Beach have public parking available. This link leads to a Google Map showing the access points http://tinyurl.com/MarcoBeach

Mentioned in this post
Marco Island
Marco Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Tigertail Beach
Tigertail Beach
1,794 Reviews
Marco Island, FL
Marriott's Crystal Shores
Marriott's Crystal Shores
525 Reviews
Marco Island, FL
3. Re: Beach Access

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2012, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about Marco Island