We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mid Range Restaurants

Which Marco Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Essex
Level Contributor
161 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Mid Range Restaurants

Hi

We're from the UK and will going to Marco for the first time at the end of July. Can anyone give me some suggestions for a few mid-priced restaurants that would suit a family of four including two teenagers. I suppose places along the lines of Outback and Longhorns. We are staying at the North end so that end of the island would be our best option, as we are hoping not to have to drive all the time. I have had a look at quite a few of the top 20 rated restaurants on TA and most of them seem to be fine dining, which would be perfect if it were just the two of us. I did like the look of Tara's though for a special meal for my husbands 50th birthday, is this a good choice?

Just a note, that we would prefer steak/seafood type places rather than Pasta and Pizza, we look forward to our steak when we go to USA.

Thank you for any suggestions you may have.

Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
1,712 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mid Range Restaurants

For places (chain restaurants) like Outback you will need to head in to Naples

Knoxville
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mid Range Restaurants

There are no chain restaurants similar to The Outback on Marco, but there are many great restaurants that serve steak and seafood. We don't go to fancy restaurants when on vacation, but we do LOVE Marker 8 in Goodland (you will have to drive). It looks like a hole in the wall, but has FABULOUS seafood and we also love the steak sandwich! I am sure you will get many suggestions, but that is at least one to consider.

Essex
Level Contributor
161 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mid Range Restaurants

I understand that there are'nt chain restaurants, they were just an example to explain the sort of thing we are looking for. I did find Cocomo's, that looks pretty good, we are heading up to Orlando after Marco, so we can do the chains up there, but are looking forward to trying the local restaurants whilst in Marco, there just seem so many to choose from, so not really sure where to start.

Thanks for all your help.

Knoxville
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mid Range Restaurants

Cocomo's is pretty good, but we did find it to be fairly expensive. We also like Pelican Bend in Isles of Capri, The Islander (although it doesn't have the greatest ambience), and Lee Be Fish is good for takeout. Hope this helps!

Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
1,712 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mid Range Restaurants

Check the menu at

Porky's Last Stand

http://www.porkyslaststand.com/menu.html

CJ's on the Bay

http://www.cjsonthebay.com/pdfs/menus.pdf

Captain Briens

captbriens.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/ca…

Rookies Bar and Grill (across from Capt Brien's)

Konrads

http://www.konradsrestaurant.com/index.htm

Pelican Bend - Isles of Capri

http://www.pelicanbendinc.com/menus.html

London, United...
Level Contributor
913 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mid Range Restaurants

There are so many restaurants on Marco it's hard to know where to start. I guess everyone has their favourites. I mention the Snook, not so much for its food, which is only fair, but for its wonderful position on the marco river. Go for a drink, then move on to eat. The Marco Review lists restaurants, and indicates the price range.

www.marcoreview.com/index.html…

London, United...
Level Contributor
913 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mid Range Restaurants

Just noticed you want something special for your husband's birthday. Have a look at Kurrents at the Marriott. Excellent steaks, and an interesting menu, good service . Elegant surroundings. Everything very freshly prepared.

www.marcoislandmarriott.com/kurrents.html

Western NY
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,202 posts
234 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mid Range Restaurants

We've been going to Marco for almost 20 years and we RARELY go anywhere that I would call fine dining (kids kinda put the nix on that). I would say there are MANY casual, mid-range restaurants on Marco, Goodland and Isles of Capri. Let's just say I don't go ANYWHERE on Marco where I can't wear shorts/capris and flip flops. That's all I wear.

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
175 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mid Range Restaurants

I heartily second that Jackiepaddy! That casual atmosphere is what is so appealing about Marco...Love Capri Fish house in Isles of Capri!

Essex
Level Contributor
161 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mid Range Restaurants

Thank you for all your answers everyone.

Jackiepaddy and musthavebeach, do you have any particular favourites that are on Marco itself. Reason being is that I think where possible we won't use our car, so husband can have a couple of drinks, I don't think there are many that are within easy walking distance from our villa, so we will probably try and use taxis, I'm assuming this is a possibility? Capt Briens looks fun, think that maybe an option for us also.

Thanks again

Jo