We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling to Marco with 18 year old son,

Which Marco Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Durham England
Level Contributor
11 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling to Marco with 18 year old son,

Im travelling to the Gulf coast in june with my 18 year old son, i will be fine on marco but will he bored,? he is sporty and sociable but he does like nightlife ?

Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,206 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling to Marco with 18 year old son,

In my experience, he will find plenty to do.

We just returned from our spring break trip. My college aged son joined us with three of his college friends. My 17 year old son brought a golfing buddy along. They all had fun and found plenty on the island to do. They met similar aged friends at the pool. All have indicated that they would like to return next year.

I know that the sentiment on this board at times is that young kids will be bored on the island. I do not share that sentiment nor do my kids. As I have mentioned before, my kids run out of time on the island before they run out of things to do.

He will be able to rent the following from the beach: jet skis, kayak, paddle board, sailboat, paddleboat, etc. There is plenty of nice biking on the island. The Island bike shop delivers and picks up. Fishing from the beach is fun and you will catch fish. You can rent a boat or go on a charter boating excursion (to fish, to sight see or shelling). You can obviously spend time shelling, swimming, golfing ,etc. There is a theater on the island along with teen friendly restaurants.

Albany, New York
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling to Marco with 18 year old son,

I am going with my 17 year old daughter in June too ;-)

Berwick, Maine
Level Contributor
131 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling to Marco with 18 year old son,

He will be 100 percent fine.

Are you renting a private home?

A condo?

Staying in a hotel?

He may want to sign up for some sports at Mackle Park...

He will 100 percent meet people his age on the beach.

He will also be able to check out almost the entire island by bike and find places to "hang".

Unless he is just into video games and sitting in a room...I doubt it...he will have a great time!

Durham England
Level Contributor
11 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling to Marco with 18 year old son,

we are renting a home by the beach, he is not into video games he is really sporty and not happy i have booked a house as he wants to meet others to hang out so your reply helps thankyou very much

Western NY
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling to Marco with 18 year old son,

there are pick up games on the beach with teens/young people all the time. Football, frisbee, volleyball. Very friendly island.

6. Re: Travelling to Marco with 18 year old son,

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 13:43
Get answers to your questions about Marco Island