We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resident Beach

Which Marco Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bolingbrook...
2 posts
Save Topic
Resident Beach

My family and I are interested in renting a private home for a week that claims it has access to a new public walking path to Resident's Beach that is only available to walk-on guests. Therefore, since we are staying in the home, we would have "free" access, as well. Other homeowners that I have contact regarding beach access have stated that since we are staying less than one month, we would not have access to Resident's Beach. I am so confused! Any advice out there about this? I would love to stay in a home 2 blocks from the beach, but it may not be worth it if my family and I did not have access to it. Thanks!

Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
1,712 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Resident Beach

The information at Marco Island Civic Association website states "rental for one month or longer". Here is the link

http://www.marcocivic.com/residents-beach

Would suggest you call them directly at Phone: (239) 642-7778

Knoxville
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Resident Beach

Technically, you could not get a pass to Resident's Beach. Which would mean that you can't access that part of the beach via their parking lot and entrance. The access that this owner is probably referring to is NEAR residents beach (very close actually) and ANYONE can access the beach by this entrance. I hope that clears things up.

Marco Island,FL
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
571 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Resident Beach

Hi,

Here is a map which has the 4 public beach access points marked. You can use this to determine the distance to any of these points.

http://tinyurl.com/MarcoBeachAcess

Randy

Edited: 23 April 2012, 22:51
Amagansett, New York
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Resident Beach

Thanks for the map, MarcoHomes, very helpful. Where can one park if there is only parking at Tiger Tail & South Beach? Is there free parking anywhere? On the street maybe? I see that the rates are $8 per day, a little high.

Marco Island,FL
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
571 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Resident Beach

Hi Bird03,

The walk/bicycle access points have no parking. There really isn't much in public parking near those points. Their usage is only for walk-on and bicycle access (they do have bike racks) or for drop-off.

If you are going to be on Marco long enough you can consider buying a county visitor's parking pass. The details are here:

www.colliergov.net/Index.aspx…

Randy

Edited: 24 April 2012, 13:22
Bolingbrook...
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Resident Beach

Thanks all for the info. I have an email into the MICA to see what their response was. I realize, from the limited research I have done, that Resident Beach is not the only beach in MI, however it would be nice to be able to walk two blocks to a beach w/out having to worry about parking. It appears as though many homes are really only a 5 to 10 min drive from any beach....we'll see what MICA has to say. Thanks again!

Amagansett, New York
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Resident Beach

Thanks again, Randy. Too bad there's so little parking; I understand that the lots can get filled up quickly as well. So I guess maybe the permit is the way to go. Seems it'd be more cost effective in the end, especially if we go to the beach every day.

Marco Island,FL
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
571 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Resident Beach

Hi Bird03,

Most families intend on going to the beach every day, but if they are staying at a very comfortable house with a pool, they often find that the kids just won't leave the pool. So they don't go to the beach as often as they thought.

Randy

9. Re: Resident Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 21:16