We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Girls weekend on Marco island..... need advice!!!!

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
13 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Girls weekend on Marco island..... need advice!!!!

There are 6 of us women traveling to Marco Island for a long weekend this October. We were college roommates, so this is a long overdue reunion for us. We would like to stay some place nice, but also affordable. We would need a 3 bedroom unit. We are hoping to not spend more than $1,000 for the 3 nights. And, since we are only there for 4 days, we prefer an oceanfront unit.

Do you have any recommendations or advice for us?

Is it better to rent a private condo for 4 days, or do you know if there are any hotels on the beach that offer affordable 3 bedroom condos or villas?

Looking forward to hearing your advice.

Thanks,

Karen

Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,268 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Girls weekend on Marco island..... need advice!!!!

Your oceanfront and 3 night requirements put a wrench in the equation. I believe that the Apollo condos might meet your needs. The Apollo condos are oceanfront and I believe they have a 3 night minimum. There are also some 3 bedroom units available. So, check the Apollo. Otherwise, I believe you will need to consider the hotels: Hilton, Marriott and Marco Beach Ocean Resort.

Just across the street from the beach and with its own private beach access are the Beach Club condos. The price point there is usually good. I don't think Beach Club has 3 bedroom units though but they can rent nightly.

Edited: 27 April 2012, 23:49
Western NY
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,208 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Girls weekend on Marco island..... need advice!!!!

Check out The Boat House Motel (www.theboathousemotel.com). Very cool old Florida waterfront motel. Great reviews. Great location. Stumbling distance from The Snook Inn. And other spots in Old Marco.

Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
1,719 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Girls weekend on Marco island..... need advice!!!!

Hi Karen -

click on the GREEN vacation rentals button on the top left of this page - once the page comes up you will see a number of options with sliders on the left side of that page. I put in your many of your requirements - condo, sleeps 6, 3 bedrooms, under $250 per night and came up with 27 results

here is the shortened link directly to those 27 results (original TA search string link was almost 600 characters/half a page long so I shortened it)

http://tinyurl.com/75mauk8

The ones that are beachfront and do nightly rentals-

Cape Marco

Although Somerset says weekly - would still check with those listings

Esplanade is on a bay overlooking a marina - not beachfront, but above several restaurants and shops - good location.

Hope that helps

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Girls weekend on Marco island..... need advice!!!!

Marco doesn't have the greatest nightlife so if this is a party weekend and you want to hit some danceclubs and hip nightclubs Marco isn't the best choice.

If it's not one of those weekends, and you just want to take it easy, as was already mentioned, The Snook Inn is a great spot for hanging out, having drinks and listening to live music.

5. Re: Girls weekend on Marco island..... need advice!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 04:41