We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Fort Myers Aiport & Car Hire

Which Marco Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Essex
Level Contributor
162 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from Fort Myers Aiport & Car Hire

Hi

We would normally get our rental car from the airport, but I am wondering how much it would cost approximately to get a taxi from Fort Myers Airport to Marco Island, and then if there is anywhere to hire a car in Marco once we are there. The only thing would be that we would want to finish the car rental at Orlando International Airport.

The other question is, in Orlando I understand there is a service called Car on the Drive, where this company delivers your rental car to your vacation home and then collects you from the airport and takes you to your vacation home, so that you don't have to drive as soon as you land, this is obviously a bonus if you have had a long flight. My question is, does anyone know if there is such a service in the Fort Myers Airport/Marco Island area.

Many thanks for any help you can give me.

Jo

London, United...
Level Contributor
919 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from Fort Myers Aiport & Car Hire

http://www.classictaxiservice.com/

We use Classic Transportation and have always found them to be reliable, important when you've just crossed the 'pond'

We have a town car, which is really comfortable, and in good condition. It's a family run firm, and they appreciate your business. You can email them for rates at

classictaxi@hotmail.com

There is a Hertz desk at the Marriott on Marco Island

If you are flying Delta, as you may be, coming from the U.K. to Ft. Myers, they do offers with Hertz, giving you discount.

There is also an Enterprise Rental I believe, which may be cheaper.

Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,228 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from Fort Myers Aiport & Car Hire

We recently had the occasion to use Jack's Airport taxi -- very good guy and good service. http://jacksairporttaxi.com/ .

Be sure to check your prices carefully. It is often times cheaper to rent a car for the week or longer vs. a couple days.

Lancaster, Pa.
Level Contributor
24 posts
548 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from Fort Myers Aiport & Car Hire

We just used Jack's Taxi after dropping a rental car at the Ft. Myers airport. Jack is a former serviceman, a gentleman, has a clean car with a nice scent in it and was so gracious to wait for us after we were a bit delayed. Jack charges reasonable rates too.

We would definitely use Jack again!

4. Re: Taxi from Fort Myers Aiport & Car Hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 March 2014, 05:15