We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner suggestions with kids?

Which Marco Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
nyc
Level Contributor
643 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Dinner suggestions with kids?

Which restaurants around Marco Island would be good places to go for dinner with kids?

Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
1,708 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dinner suggestions with kids?

The restaurants on Marco Island are very kid friendly. What types of food do they like?

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dinner suggestions with kids?

Joey's Pizza on Collier Blvd.

nyc
Level Contributor
643 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dinner suggestions with kids?

Any type of kid friendly restaurants is fine. Does it make sense to drive to Naples for dinner?

London, United...
Level Contributor
901 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dinner suggestions with kids?

Not unless you really want to see Naples.It is an easy drive,25 minutes or so. There are so many restaurants on Marco, from very casual, to fine dining ( I know you don't want that with kids) that there is really pleny for everyone.

You don't say how old your chidren are, but it's not unusual to see kids sleeping in buggies, or being cuddled while parents are eating.

Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,206 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dinner suggestions with kids?

My kids enjoy Snook Inn. www.snookinn.com . The atmosphere is always fun and you will see many other families. There is often times live music to entertain. Sometimes our meals there are fabuous. Other times, it rates as average bar food but the food is never terrible. The location is right on the river so you can enjoy some boat traffic while you dine.

Knoxville
Level Contributor
3,132 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dinner suggestions with kids?

You might want to check prices at Snook Inn before heading over there. We have been there several times and were disappointed with the food and shocked at the prices, although they do have a wonderful salad. Personally, I think Snook Inn is WAY overrated! I will never waste my money there again.

Shreveport, LA
Level Contributor
889 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dinner suggestions with kids?

I'll agree with Joey's Pizza. Very tasty and not that expensive.

Boston...
Level Contributor
136 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dinner suggestions with kids?

Quinn's and Sunset Grille are our beachfront favorites, lots of families.

DaVincis is our overall favorite and plenty of families in the outdoor seating area of that plaza, Nacho Mamas, etc.

We also liked the new place at Esplanade. Mango something? The kids can see all the nice boats, there is place to walk, benches and ice cream too.

Snook was fun outside but food was not worth a second trip for us.

The only place on MI I've ever felt kids less welcomed is Stilts. (other than the fine dining places at resorts, of course) We walked in but it seemed stuffy and no kids so we didn't stay.

Edited: 24 June 2012, 16:00
Western NY
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dinner suggestions with kids?

Been taking our kids for 15 years. We took them to Stilts the first year it opened but we did an early dinner. Most places welcome families and I've pushed a stroller and brought out the crayons at many places. Granted, we've never been to the "fine dining" spots, ever. I suggest:

Snook Inn

Joey's

Old Marco Lodge Crab House (Goodland)

Little Bar (Goodland)

Sand Bar

Mango's Dockside Bistro

Captain Brien's

Sunset Grille

Margarita's

Nacho Mama's

Cathy O'Clarke's

Crazy Flamingo

Mahomet, Illinois
Level Contributor
123 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dinner suggestions with kids?

We were there at the end of June and I would recommend Stonewall's. It's not mentioned very much on these boards, but it has a huge menu and would be a great place for kids. Think of an upscale Panera Bread restaurant. The food was delicious and service was very fast! Another already mentioned was Mango's Dockside Bistro. It was nice to sit outside under an umbrella and admire all the yachts!! It's more expensive than Stonewall's but fun. Also Joey's Pizzeria was good for carryout. Hope this helps!

Get answers to your questions about Marco Island