We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone at Marco Island now?

Which Marco Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mahomet, Illinois
Level Contributor
137 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone at Marco Island now?

We are due to arrive at Marco Island tomorrow June 23 and stay thru the 29th. Looking at the weather forecast is very depressing as it sounds like Marco Island is getting hammered with rain!!! We are having nicer weather in Illinois right now than there it sounds. I was so looking forward to boating and the beach. Please tell me it hasn't been raining for the entire day???? Thanks so much!

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone at Marco Island now?

I wouldn't worry too much. Those forecasts calling for rain/thuner showers are your typical summer weather pattern. Days usually start off very nice followed by afternoon clouds and a late afternoon thunder shower which normally doesn't last more than a couple of hours. By early evening it's usually finished and the same thing happens again the following day. It's not as bad as it looks.

Knoxville
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone at Marco Island now?

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but although that is usually the summer pattern and the weather forecast can be deceiving, it is VERY rainy right now in all of South Florida. I don't know how long it is supposed to last, but everyone is complaining about the rain and flooding in the Keys and I've heard Marco is experiencing the same. We were there for two weeks and came home last Saturday and had wonderful weather - hopefully it will get back to that soon!!:)

Chicago
Level Contributor
199 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone at Marco Island now?

We just got to Sanibel and it's raining pretty hard and there are some pretty big waves. I heard there was a tornado warning for Naples.

lob
New York
Level Contributor
801 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone at Marco Island now?

Tropical storm Debby causing heavy rain and some severe thunder storms (tornado warning on Marco today expired 7:15pm). This may linger through Tuesday with clearing beginning on Wednesday. We always say "a rainy day at the beach is better than a sunny day at work"...not sure we believe it but we say it hahaha!

Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
1,712 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone at Marco Island now?

Updates on Marco Island / Isles of Capri power outage for 18,000 on Sunday 6/24-

news-press.com/article/…

6. Re: Anyone at Marco Island now?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2013, 05:47