We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Everglades tours from Marco Island

Which Marco Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
13 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Everglades tours from Marco Island

We are hoping to go to Marco Island in mid-September for 10 nights and would love to do an Everglades tour. I have read very positive reviews about Captain Ron's but I cannot find out what a waverunner is! My mother will be with us who is in her late 70's and she would love to see the Everglades again. Last time we were over two years ago we just drove along the Tamiami Trail and pulled into a place offering tours. It was one hour long but wasn't up to much. My mother is a relatively fit woman and I was just wondering if anyone could recommend a particular tour that might suit us. I would also be intersted in any recommendations for other types of non-Everglades tours that might be worth doing when we are there.

Thanks for your help.

Fidelma1

Bay Village, Ohio
Level Contributor
876 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Everglades tours from Marco Island

A waverunner or jet ski is like a motor bike on water, here are some pictures on Captain Ron's web site.

evergladesjetskitours.com/Capt.Rons/Home.html

You can check out other tours here:

http://goo.gl/maps/1tkt

Have a great trip!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
13 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Everglades tours from Marco Island

Hi Meeko-rtw,

Thanks for your response - most helpful.

Best wishes

Fidelma1

Knoxville
Level Contributor
3,194 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Everglades tours from Marco Island

Ron's is really a tour of the 10,000 islands and not the Everglades. We see Ron's jetski's EVERYWHERE while on the island and it is supposed to be a fun, well-run operation. About a month ago, we saw the tour while stopped at an island near Cape Romano. The guests all looked to be having a wonderful time and the guides seemed very attentive from what we could tell.

If you want to do an Everglades tour, there are many outfits in Everglades City. I would recommend looking for the highest rated group on Tripadvisor. What i would recommend, though, is traveling West on Tamiami Trail to Shark Valley and taking the tram tour. It will take you about an hour and a half to reach Shark Valley (much farther than Everglades City), but it is a GREAT place, full of alligators and exotic birds. The park ranger there are very knowledgeable and the tour seems fun! We have never taken the tram, but we have biked Shark Valley MANY times and I can highly recommend it!!

Whatever you decide to do, have fun!!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
13 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Everglades tours from Marco Island

Thanks Marcomamma,

I appreciate your response. It is very helpful.

Fidelma 1

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,192 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Everglades tours from Marco Island

try floridasaltwateradventures.com/photogallery.…

it's run by a great guy called (captain) Alex Saputo... we've been out with him twice now he has a great boat and is extremly knowledgable. We've known the guy since 2000... since our first trip to marco island... Highly recommend.

www.marcoreview.com/Activities-Guide.html

Marco review will have alex and others in ...

Hope you have a fabulous time..

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
13 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Everglades tours from Marco Island

Thanks UnsureNow,

I am certainly getting plenty of ideas based on what everyone has so kindly sent me.

Can't wait!

Fidelma 1

Dayton, OH / Marco...
Destination Expert
for Marco Island, Everglades National Park, Goodland
Level Contributor
3,823 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Everglades tours from Marco Island

I have done a kayaking tour with everglades area tour people out of Chokoloskee. I highly recommend it ... you get to see what the 10,000 islands and Everglades ... are all about

See

http://www.evergladesareatours.com/

Don't confuse these tours to the speedy Airboat tours on or around Everglades City. Good luck and welcome to the Paradise Coast.

Edited: 26 July 2012, 02:38
8. Re: Everglades tours from Marco Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2013, 10:16