We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marco Beach Ocean Resort or Marriott Marco Island

Which Marco Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
annapolis, md
Level Contributor
12 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Marco Beach Ocean Resort or Marriott Marco Island

We are taking a moms and daughters long weekend to Marco Island in September, two moms and girls ages 7 & 11. I am torn between the marriott ( I have stayed here before and its wonderful) and the MBOR. We will have more space (in room) at the MBOR...any other thoughts? How is the pool for the girls at the MBOR?

London, United...
Level Contributor
901 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marco Beach Ocean Resort or Marriott Marco Island

Pool at MBOR is small by comparison, and on a roof terrace.I think the atmosphere is rather more formal than the Marriott. Also, looking at the umbrellas and beds on the beach at MBOR,see webcam, they do seem be set out to in rows rather close together.

Dayton, OH / Marco...
Destination Expert
for Marco Island, Everglades National Park, Goodland
Level Contributor
3,693 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marco Beach Ocean Resort or Marriott Marco Island

Agreed on the small average pool at MBOR.

The Marriott pools are nice but they seem to be crowded in busy season. I'm not sure about September.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
16,750 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Marco Beach Ocean Resort or Marriott Marco Island

We did not find the pools at the Marriott crowded when we were there last September and one of them was closed for refurbishment pretty much the whole week. It is, as you say, pretty wonderful. Never been to the other to fairly compare.

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marco Beach Ocean Resort or Marriott Marco Island

Congrats on your Mommy/daughter time. Have gone for many years and my daughter and I dearly loves the Marriott Resort. MBOR is much more formal. (Dress code for lobby.) Marriott is very casual. You can wander the entire resort in cover up and flip flops. Pool at MBOR is very small. Whole heartedly vote for Marriott! Go have a great time! Bon Voyage!

Dayton, OH / Marco...
Destination Expert
for Marco Island, Everglades National Park, Goodland
Level Contributor
3,693 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marco Beach Ocean Resort or Marriott Marco Island

I have been in both locations .. in their rooms ... the average Marriott room is smaller than the average MBOR hotel room. I'll look around the internet to confirm or deny my memory.

Edited: 07 September 2012, 00:03
Rockville, Maryland
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Marco Beach Ocean Resort or Marriott Marco Island

My husband and I are looking at Marco Island for a possible baby moon long weekend in February. It will be our first time away just the two of us since our daughter was born over 3 years ago. I will be about 6+ months along when we go. We are looking for something relaxing and romantic. Which property is better for that? Marriott or MBOR?

London, United...
Level Contributor
901 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Marco Beach Ocean Resort or Marriott Marco Island

I assume you have read all the above posts. We love the Marriott, and find the rooms a very adequate size. The atmoshere is casual and relaxed, you never feel you have to dress up unless you want to. (That goes for pretty much anywhere on the isalnd too.) It is a large hotel, and they do host many conferences, which sometimes means it can get quite noisy. I don't know if that applies to MBOR too. Have looked around it, but never stayed there.

Edited: 08 December 2012, 17:27
8. Re: Marco Beach Ocean Resort or Marriott Marco Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 01:17
Get answers to your questions about Marco Island