We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip report - one day in Marco is better than none!

Which Marco Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
texas
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Topic
trip report - one day in Marco is better than none!

Hi all -

My husband and I embarked on our first trip by ourselves in 18 years last week. Marco Island was the destination as we'd been there once before and loved it! Airport in Ft. M was easy and non-eventful. Alamo rental cars was a little slow but OK. We stopped at the Wal-Mart on the way in as recommended - liked it. Had a great first night sitting on the balcony at the Somerset (2 great experiences here) listening to the waves. Our first day was Awesome and this is a good thing because it turned out to be our only day. We had breakfast/coffee on the balcony, went for a walk north up the beach, spent the afternoon on the beach and then cleaned up and headed for Goodland and Marker 8 which was great! We got some ice cream and went to a couple shops and headed back to chill for the night. This is where it gets hairy! We received a phone call that one of our children back home had broken their arm and were being taken to the ER. The ER doc called us to report surgery would be needed the next day. So.....we frantically called AA at midnight and got a flight out early the next morn. We packed up and were at the airport 6 hours later. Sounds like a bummer but it was one REALLY GOOD day and the arm is healing nicley I am happy to report. Hope to go back someday and do all the things we had planned on. To all going soon - ENJOY!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
921 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trip report - one day in Marco is better than none!

I so admire your attitude, do hope you have better luck next time you visit Marco. Hope arm continues to heal well.

Rockaway Park, New...
Level Contributor
184 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trip report - one day in Marco is better than none!

Oh my never a dull moment! Glad the arm is healing well. Marco will await your return...

Western NY
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,206 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: trip report - one day in Marco is better than none!

I can't even imagine. Tell those kids to mind themselves so you can enjoy yourself!!

lob
New York
Level Contributor
818 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: trip report - one day in Marco is better than none!

So glad to hear the arm is healing AND that you had 1 terrific day to remember!

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: trip report - one day in Marco is better than none!

Oh man! Glad everything turned out ok but that really sucks.

Knoxville
Level Contributor
3,198 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: trip report - one day in Marco is better than none!

Happy to hear that everything is okay and I agree, one day is MUCH better than none!! Also, you got in the best eats on the island before leaving (Marker 8) . . . If I were on death row, it would be my last meal of choice. They would have to split my meal between the shrimp po-boy and ribeye sandwich, though. Haha!

Edited: 20 October 2012, 20:00
7. Re: trip report - one day in Marco is better than none!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2013, 10:17