We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel input and advice??

Which Marco Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mass.
Level Contributor
81 posts
Save Topic
Hotel input and advice??

Wife, baby and I are thinking about heading over to sanibel island or Marco island for a short vacation.

Need some info and advice on where to stay.

Is there any hotels that are right on the beach with first floor access or patio?

Daughter goes to sleep earlier so if we could find a place with a nice patio and view to relax and hang out that would be a bonus.

Any input is always appreciated. Looking middle of the pack. Can't afford top resort but looking to spend more than the bott.

Thanks

Western NY
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel input and advice??

I'm not a Sanibel expert but I feel it's very different from Marco Island. Small number of hotels on MI so not many to choose from. Check out Marriott. There's a small place near the water called The Boat House. www.theboathousemotel.com

Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,242 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel input and advice??

The Marriott or Hilton are both ocean front. You could get a room with view and each would have nice patio to sit out on. Not sure about first floor access though. The view is more expansive if you go a bit higher up. I believe the Apollo condos allow a three night rental and they are on the ocean with decent beach front restaurant right in the building. Any condo you would rent there would have a gulf front lanai. Try www.vrbo.com for something in the Apollo if that interests you.

As for Sanibel, you may want to post this question on that forum for places to stay.

Knoxville
Level Contributor
3,245 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel input and advice??

You might want to look for a reasonably priced condo on vrbo or vacationrentals.com. We have always rented a condo or house and found that to be MUCH more economical than booking a hotel. Also, we get a kitchen, more room, and washer/dryer (we make sure it has them) that way.

Mass.
Level Contributor
81 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel input and advice??

Thanks for all the input. I will look into the suggestions. I did also post on the other forum.

Awesome!

Mass.
Level Contributor
81 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel input and advice??

So as far as Marco Island there isn't too many hotels? I maybe better off looking at a condo

6. Re: Hotel input and advice??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2014, 06:16