We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Residence beach pass

Montour Falls
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Residence beach pass

We will be visiting the island for the month of march. Do you think it would be a good idea to invest in beach pass? Our condo is charging $150 for the month.

Marco Island,FL
Level Contributor
573 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Residence beach pass

If you have a minimum 1 month lease, you can get a Residents' Beach pass on your own for $130. You will find it here:

http://marcocivic.com/applications

If you are staying at a beachfront condo, there is no need.

If you are in walking distance of any of the public beach access points, then also no need.

If you are going to have to drive to the beach, then parking will cost you $8 per day. You can buy a Collier County Visitor Beach Parking Permit for $50. With it you get a sticker for your windshield. There has been much discussion here about whether you can stick it on a rental car windshield and remove it or leave it and not be charged by the rental company for removal. I have never tried it myself.

If your month is Feb. or March, then you might want to consider getting the more expensive Residents' Beach pass. During those months, parking availability at the most popular South Marco beach access point can be a problem. The Residents' Beach pass gives you access to a private parking lot at the entrance of South Marco Beach. And also, it gives you access to the parking lot at the Residents' Beach parking lot.

You can see a map with the Public Beach Access point information at

http://tinyurl.com/MarcoBeachAcess

Randy

Knoxville
Level Contributor
3,390 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Residence beach pass

In MY opinion, it would not be worth it. I would much rather go to South Marco or Tigertail than pay that much for Residence. You can probably bike or walk easily from wherever you are staying.

Dayton, OH / Marco...
Destination Expert
for Marco Island, Everglades National Park, Goodland
Level Contributor
4,051 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Residence beach pass

It depends ... how important is a "beach vacation"?

I rent on the beach in a condo because the beach is important to me. IMO it is challenging to easily get on the beach after Valentines day until Easter.

I would get the residents beach pass ... if I didn't rent on the beach.

Edited: 31 January 2013, 17:38
MN
Level Contributor
554 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Residence beach pass

Can the Residence Beach pass also be used for Tigertail?

Marco Island,FL
Level Contributor
573 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Residence beach pass

Hi,

Sorry, no. Residents' beach only has parking at south marco beach entrance and residents' beach access point.

The Collier County's visitor's pass will work for Tigertail's parking.

Randy

Knoxville
Level Contributor
3,390 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Residence beach pass

Yeah, if anything, I'd get a Collier County pass for $50 and visit South Marco and Tigertail beaches as often as you want. I would strongly advise waiting until you get on the island, though. You may find that you are within easy walking or biking distance from a beach access.

7. Re: Residence beach pass

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2014, 05:16