We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling on Marco Island?

Which Marco Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kansas
Level Contributor
26 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkeling on Marco Island?

Where is the best place to go snorkeling on Marco Island?

Knoxville
Level Contributor
3,140 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkeling on Marco Island?

Ummm . . . Not on Marco Island!! Unfortunately, Marco waters don't lend themselves to great snorkeling - no structures, sandy bottom. I did swim out to the jetties off South Marco one time (probably wouldn't do it again - the thought of being eaten by a bull shark is not very appealing) and it was cool. Other than that, you will need to go over to the east coast and try your luck. The keys have great snorkeling and a day trip can be made fairly easily.

Kansas
Level Contributor
26 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkeling on Marco Island?

Thank you for the quick response. Nope do not want to be shark food. I will save my snorkeling for another vacation.

Knoxville
Level Contributor
3,140 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkeling on Marco Island?

Marco is AWESOME . . . Just not for snorkeling:)

Rockaway Park, New...
Level Contributor
182 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Snorkeling on Marco Island?

i take my snorkel mask into the water, found a sand dollar that way. But not true snorkeling, just looking down into the water lol

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
4,532 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Snorkeling on Marco Island?

Check out Scuba Marco on Bald Eagle. Get Jeff to take you for a dive.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
81 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Snorkeling on Marco Island?

Visiting Marco for Easter, what are supermarket opening hours over the holidays?we arrive Sat evening before Easter Sunday, so will need to stock up on provisions!

lob
New York
Level Contributor
781 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Snorkeling on Marco Island?

Publix is open until 9:00 but if you are arriving later, Walmart may be an option

8. Re: Snorkeling on Marco Island?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2014, 06:15