We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Somerset Condos???

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
148 posts
Save Topic
Somerset Condos???

Has anyone stayed at this condo complex?? If you have would you tell me who you rented from. Is it child friendly?

Any info would be great.

Thanks!!

Tennessee
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Somerset Condos???

We did not stay here but have friend who did and who rented through Century 21, Marco Island. They enjoyed their stay there with their 2 teen daughters.

It is located toward the south end of the beach which is nicer to me than the north. I believe that it has about 6 floors, not a high rise.

Lexington KY
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Somerset Condos???

Somerset Condo on Marco:

I know this will not help the original posted message. However, I have stayed at numerous places on Marco. My wife and I originally came to Marco for our 2-week honeymoon 10 years ago. Do we like it…well 10+ visits since later we have pretty much have done and seen it all on Marco Island. Growing up in the 70’s and early 80’s my parents and I traveled to St. Pete’s beach for two weeks almost every year. During those years, it was very safe and family friendly. For us, going to the beach was just that…pool, beach, food, pool…get my point. Relaxing and getting a tan.

Marco Island is an upscale throw back to those lazy days of my childhood. It is big enough to fill some rainy afternoon and small enough to make you feel at home. Every time I cross the Jolly Bridge, I feel a sense of relief come over me and I look forward to that moment on every visit.

Hotels: That I have stayed at on Marco: Radisson (now gone, Honeymoon) and Marriott Beach Resort

Radisson: No reason to discuss the Radisson as it is being replaced with a timeshare, other than it was where we stayed on our honeymoon and the place I took my parents the first time we brought them to Marco Island. It was an average place and it will be interesting to see it after its remodel and conversion to a Timeshare.

Marriott: Hey, if you like luxury resorts and all that goes with them, then this place is for you. Its big, rooms are nice, three pools, good resort type restaurant, shops, spa, etc. The place is nice. I have stayed there twice and enjoyed both visits. The problem was, I never really relaxed. It is a nice place, but you are going to share it with a bunch of people and your going to pay for it. Expect to pay $225 to $350 per night on average. Moreover, there are tips, valet parking, $15 per person breakfast, lunch, and $25+ per person dinners. Not to mention the fees for beach umbrellas and those $10 frozen drinks add up quickly. If you are coming down for a short stay, the Marriott is very nice place, if you are staying longer…continue reading.

Somerset Condominium: On a short visit to the Marriott several Labor Day weekends ago, my wife and I went in search of a Condominium to stay at on future visits. We really liked the two pools at the Somerset and stopped by WCI Prudential Rentals, located off Collier Blvd. We have stayed at the Somerset six times and loved it every time. There are certain units that we liked better. However, they are all nice and frankly think it is up to personal preference. Jane at WCI Prudential can help you find the right unit for your needs. The facility has two covered parking areas. This is necessary in the June – September periods, as the heat on the blacktop is brutal. There are two peoples, both with outside bathroom facilities and outdoor BBQ areas. The grounds are gated and quiet. The property is only eight levels with a 9th that is penthouse. We have stayed on the eighth (great views), fifth, and third floors. We have only stayed on Marco during the early May to September time period. During this time, we typically pay $1300 to $1500 per week or $200 per night average. Now you know why we stay at the Somerset vs. Resorts. Seven days at the Marriott would easily set you back $2000+. You just cannot go wrong with WCI Prudential and the Somerset. This is a nice place and is family friendly. My only request is you remember that people own and live here fulltime. So be respectful of the property. The last thing we want is for this property to become a monthly only rental like many of the Marco properties.

Other Marco trip suggestions:

Food on Marco:

• Breakfast Plus: everything you could ever want in a breakfast place, eat there on every visit.

• Hoots: Another good breakfast place, visit and enjoy

• Rookies: What can I say, a neighborhood bar, serving good local seafood and typical bar food. Family friendly, a little small so dinners out can cause a wait

Crazy Flamingo: Wow, what a special place, great bar atmosphere with fantastic seafood and bar food. Its family friendly during the day, not so much after dark. There is no table service, you walk up to the bar to place your order. It is what makes the place unique. The food is so worth it.

• Joeys Pizza: Great pizza and you have to try the dough-knots.

• Café Bubbalinis: good Italian dinners and the pizza is a family favorite

• Little Bar: BEST Seafood, period. Located in Goodland, just a 5 minute ride from Marco (ask for directions), it is a hole in the wall, do not drive past it and do not let the exterior drive you off. It is by far the best seafood in the region.

• Pelican Bend: Located on Isle of Capri, just a few minutes from Marco, it is a good family friendly seafood restaurant, and is always a safe choice.

The Chocolate Strawberry: Good gelato and great chocolate candies and alike

Food in Naples:

• Michelbob’s: Some of the best BBQ ribs you will find anywhere. Of course, they have won award after award…great family place.

• Kelly’s Seafood: Great Seafood, and good family atmosphere

• Cheeseburger Cheeseburger on 5th Avenue, there is something about the location that makes this a special little burger joint.

Things to do:

1. Relax, swim, sun and read

2. Go to Naples and shop, tour through some amazing streets lined with incredible homes

3. Go to Naples Pier, it is a must to see sunset at the Naples Pier

4. Shops at Waterside, great afternoon break, located in the Vanderbilt beach area

5. Did I mention Relax, swim and read

Enjoy

PS: I have also stayed at the Ritz Carlton Beach Resort in Naples, very nice, would stay there again on short visits. Frankly, I can’t see taking children to a place like this. However, it is great for couples.

ohio
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Somerset Condos???

We have stayed at 909 Somerset for 9 years and we just love it. It is very nicely decorated and appointed and the view is fabulous. You can rent this one through Marco Is;and Vacation properties. I would highly recommend this condo!!

Dayton, OH / Marco...
Destination Expert
for Marco Island, Everglades National Park, Goodland
Level Contributor
4,038 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Somerset Condos???

Of the 4 condo's I've been rented at the beach. I enjoy the Somerset the most.

Somerset - on South Beach, right on the water

Apollo - 1 bed rooms

South Sea Towers - rules and older

SeaWinds - smaller rooms and older

Tip

1) You get what you pay for. Yes it is a little more expensive than the others mentioned above.

2) This not a condo for wild parties. This would stop me from going back.

Western NY
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,209 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Somerset Condos???

mdclemmons: Bad news, Cafe Bubbalini is closed.

6. Re: Somerset Condos???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Marco Island