We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Toddler Friendly Dining Near Marriott (no car)

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Topic
Toddler Friendly Dining Near Marriott (no car)

Looking for dining recommendations (casual to nicer) in Marco Island - we will be staying at the Marriott with a 2.5 yo and will not have a car. We are ok with taking cabs, but prefer stuff to walk to if possible. Looking for options so we don't have to eat every meal at the hotel; I understand Marco Walk is close by with some options. Is the Esplanade walkable? Also was told Snook's Inn will send a cab. Would love recommendations.

Mentioned in this post
Marco Island
Marco Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,000 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Toddler Friendly Dining Near Marriott (no car)

You are right about the Snook sending transport, The concierge at the Marriott will arrange it for you. Also she can give you info on other restaurants that will send a cab. At Marco Walk, DaVinci's would be very suitable for you and your toddler. They have a small children's menu too. IMO The Esplanade is too far to walk to, but CJ's on the bay and Mango's both there, provide transport too.

Edited: 25 March 2013, 11:40
Mentioned in this post
Marco Island
Marco Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
254 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Toddler Friendly Dining Near Marriott (no car)

A Class transportation offers free rides to (and I believe from) a handful of restaurants. The Esplanade would be a bit of a walk from where you are. We just returned from Marco and had our 10 month old with us. We were very relieved that there were so many families and restaurants were very kid friendly. Our favorite restaurant was the Little Bar Restaurant in Goodland. The food was great and they are also kid friendly. I felt it was better than any restaurant we tried on Marco.

Mentioned in this post
Marco Island
Marco Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Goodland
Goodland
Marco Island, FL
Boston...
Level Contributor
136 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Toddler Friendly Dining Near Marriott (no car)

DaVincis outside seating is great for kids. The fountain is a great distraction, room to roam a bit. Food and drinks are fantastic, my favorite on the Island.

The Sunset Grille is a great casual option on the beach to watch sunset if you want to break away from Marriott. It's a long walk on the beach or sidewalk, or a very short cab ride.

The Esplanade outside seating at CJs is great for a toddler, too. Beautiful manicured setting overlooking water and boats, with lots of area for walking about.

You are headed to paradise!

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
69 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Toddler Friendly Dining Near Marriott (no car)

I see that you want to avoid eating many meals at the Marriott, but the food at the Marriott is really quite good. The pizza at 400Pazzi's (at the Marriott) is really some of the best on the island. You order at the counter and then they deliver the food to your beachfront table. It is a great place for kids to be able to move around a bit. Ask the concierge for a list of places that provide complimentary transportation. There are quite a few. Have Fun!

Over the Atlantic
Level Contributor
421 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Toddler Friendly Dining Near Marriott (no car)

Esplanade is about 2 miles from the Marriott, but sidewalk all the way and an enjoyable walk. We've walked from the Hilton which is a bit further and takes us about 30 or 40 minutes each way (and we're retired so you'd likely be able to do it faster). As I posted to your other question, bikes are also a great mode of transport on Marco.

Edited: 27 March 2013, 15:37
Mentioned in this post
Marco Island
Marco Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
6. Re: Toddler Friendly Dining Near Marriott (no car)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Marco Island