We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place to buy snacks near Marriott (no car)

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
Place to buy snacks near Marriott (no car)

I read each Marriott room has a mini fridge and we are looking to get some basic snacks, drinks, etc for the room. I noticed there's a 7 eleven .6 mi away near Marco Walk, which would probably work. Any other suggestions? We are using a taxi service on our way in from RSW so another option would be to have the taxi swing by somewhere on our way to the hotel. TIA.

London, United...
Level Contributor
930 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Place to buy snacks near Marriott (no car)

There is a Publix and a Winn Dixie on the island that you will pass on your way to the Marriott.Neither are within walking distance, but the taxi services on Marco tend to charge about $6 to take you anywhere on the island. We use Classic taxis, and contact them direct rather than through the concierge. 239-394-1888

Marco Island,FL
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
573 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Place to buy snacks near Marriott (no car)

Hi TIa,

There is a 7-Eleven .9 miles from the Marriott on South Collier. Google says you should be able to walk it in 11 minutes :>) as you are leaving the Marriott front entrance turn right.

Randy

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Place to buy snacks near Marriott (no car)

Tia, the 7-11 is only a half mile down the road and is very walkable. The frig in the room is very small. I recommend buying a case of water and keep replinishing it as needed. Same with beer and/or other drinks. I was able to get about a dozen beers and about 6 bottled water in it. You may be able to throw a candy bar or two also. Unless there is an emergency stay away from the mini bar. The bellhop warned us not to even open it. lol If you take anything out just to look at it you will be billed......even if you replace it.

Over the Atlantic
Level Contributor
412 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Place to buy snacks near Marriott (no car)

Marco is also bike friendly. You can easily bike to anywhere on the island for groceries, meals, or whatever else you need. The bike shop will also deliver to the Marriott and pick up. More here:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g34420-i302-k61278…

5. Re: Place to buy snacks near Marriott (no car)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2014, 06:16