We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lost without Marker 8 . . . Help!

Knoxville
Level Contributor
3,265 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Lost without Marker 8 . . . Help!

Okay . . . So our Marco time is drawing near and I find myself with a question (after YEARS of being obsessed with Marco, my questions are rare at this point, haha). For years, we have been loyal and loving customers of Marker 8 restaurant. It had great seafood, reasonable prices, nice people, and a great location on the water. While we have been to many of the restaurants on Marco, none have ever compared to Marker 8 for our tastes. We will be on the island for the month of June and I am wanting to rack your brains for restaurants that would fit the bill for us. We DO NOT want high prices or fancy restaurants!!

I guess it would make it really easy if everyone would reply with your top 2 or 3 restaurants that have the qualities (or most of them) we are looking for. Most important: GREAT food and reasonable prices. Then, I will have plenty to try while on vacation! Thanks!!

PS - If you've read many of my posts in the past, you may already know that Snook Inn is not an option!:)

lob
New York
Level Contributor
859 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lost without Marker 8 . . . Help!

You might want to try the new Dolphin Tiki at the Angler. They renovated in the fall. We did not eat there but the place was packed with diners as opposed to just drinkers as used to be the case.

O'Donoghues has a new location by the movie theaters. Fun atmosphere if you like Irish music and decent food. I'm not sure how the prices would sit with you but you can probably pull up a menu.

Sandbar? Not my cup of tea but people with younger kids love it and apparently the food is ok at an ok price.

Have you tried Mangos? I love the location! Again, check the prices online.

Have you ever ordered in from Arturo's? Hang out wherever you want and eat great food at 25% off with the coupon in the marco review. Michelbob's take out diinner also a great deal and you choose the location!

Knoxville
Level Contributor
3,265 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lost without Marker 8 . . . Help!

We have tried The Sandbar (like it . . . not love it), but not the others. As far as our wallets and tastes go, the Dolphin Tiki Bar sounds perfect (I read some reviews) and Mango's for lunch might work. I am making a list on my phone, and the Tiki Bar is now going to the top!! Thanks for the suggestions!

3. Re: Lost without Marker 8 . . . Help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2014, 05:18