We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing

Illinois
Level Contributor
6 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Fishing

Does anyone know how much a license is on Marco for two weeks? Do children 12 and under need a license? Can you fish in the waterways by the houses?

Marco Island,FL
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
573 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fishing

Hi,

Nonresidents Florida residents who are 16 years of age or older are required to have Florida hunting, freshwater fishing or saltwater fishing licenses and permits.

You can pick up temporary license at most tackle shops like the Marco River Marina or Sunshine Ace (corner of Barfield and San Marco).

A license is required even when fishing from the house that you rented.

------ end of legal answer -----------

Take the following advise at your own risk.

I have never heard of a warden checking fishing licenses at docks of private homes. I have heard of boats and public fishing locations being checked.

Use this information as you see fit. I'm not responsible if you are the 1st person ever in Marco history to be harassed about a fishing license from a private dock.

Sorry, I don't know the license fees.

Randy

Save Reply
2. Re: Fishing

I would buy the fishing license and if you have time go fishing at south beach at the jetties. They cost $30.00 for 7 days or $15.00 for 3 days. I always fish there and have caught a lot of fish like pompano sheepshead jacks and a whole lot of other fish. You have public access next to the Apollo condo's and after that you can get something to eat or drink at the sunset grill. Or watch the sunset--

3. Re: Fishing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2014, 05:16