We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

staying at marriott can i walk to other hotels along beach?

Which Marco Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
chicago
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Topic
staying at marriott can i walk to other hotels along beach?

If i stay at the marriott can i walk along the beach to other hotels?

London, United...
Level Contributor
919 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: staying at marriott can i walk to other hotels along beach?

The short answer is yes. If you walk to the left of the Marriott, (south) you will come to the Marco Ocean Beach Resort, then the Hilton. You can also walk to Crystal Shores, the Marriott time share building. They have an elevated restaurant/ bar with a great view of the beach, and conveniently you can charge to your room at the Marriott.

All the other buildings are condos.

Dayton, OH / Marco...
Destination Expert
for Marco Island, Everglades National Park, Goodland
Level Contributor
3,834 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: staying at marriott can i walk to other hotels along beach?

Perhaps more info than you need but ... there are only 2 hotels on the beach ... Marriott and Hilton.

Marco Ocean Beach Resort is a condo ... anyone can buy a condo in the property ... like the other condo's on the beach. There are many condo's that can be rented by the week or month.

Crystal Shores is a time share by Marriott .. anyone can buy a week in the property.

London, United...
Level Contributor
919 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: staying at marriott can i walk to other hotels along beach?

I know you are correct about MOBR being technically a condo, but Trip Advisor does list it as #2 in the Marco hotels listings!

Dayton, OH / Marco...
Destination Expert
for Marco Island, Everglades National Park, Goodland
Level Contributor
3,834 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: staying at marriott can i walk to other hotels along beach?

Basically when you call MOBR you are calling a condo reservation desk ... like many of the rental management companies (ie Prudential) on Marco. MOBR has rental management people on site at the condo. Other rental management companies are not on site at the condo locations. I have been told this same concept (MOBR's current concept) existed with the Apollo condo and then the onsite service was eventually dropped at the Apollo.

MOBR has "daily" condo rentals ... the only one on the beach. The "weekly" beach condos are Somerset, Apollo, SST3, SST4, Sea Winds.

5. Re: staying at marriott can i walk to other hotels along beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2014, 06:21