We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

marco island

Which Marco Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Warren, Michigan
6 posts
Save Topic
marco island

Can anyone tell me things to do around the Marco Island area, first time vacation.

Knoxville
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: marco island

Plenty to do . . . Day trips to Naples, Sanibel, Miami, the Everglades, or even the Keys!! You can also just sit and watch the day waste away on the beautiful Marco beach, or boat the 10,000 islands (our personal favorite) around Marco. You can go to the Nature Preserve just across the Jolly Bridge or take a hike/kayaking tour of the Everglades (if you visit in the winter months, this service is free through Big Cypress). You can drive into Goodland or Isles of Capri for a little variety and a nice meal. Biking to Coldstone or The Chocolate Strawberry for a nice treat or bike to Caxambas and watch the dolphins play. SOOOOO many heavenly things to do, so little time to do them in!!!:)

Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: marco island

If you like to shell, shelling from the beach is great. You can fish from the beach and actually catch fish. You can go charter fishing on a boat from the Marco Island Marina. There is great biking on the island and the Island Bike Shop delivers and picks up and their bikes are always in good working order and in great condition. There is plenty of golfing just off the island. Some of the best sunsets I have ever seen were viewed from the beach on Marco. There are a variety of water sports which can be done from the beach on Marco: paddle boarding, kayaking, jet skiing, sailing, parasailing, etc. You could also take a jet ski tour of the area -- a highlight for my family. There are nice restaurants on the island at all price points.

Dayton, OH / Marco...
Destination Expert
for Marco Island, Everglades National Park, Goodland
Level Contributor
3,792 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: marco island

Marco Review has a good overview .. 7 days of activities ... see

http://www.marcoreview.com/

My favorites ... pontooning and jet skiing ... the 10,000 islands. Love those barrier islands and Everglades!!!

Warren, Michigan
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: marco island

Thanks so much for the info it helps a lot.

Dayton, OH / Marco...
Destination Expert
for Marco Island, Everglades National Park, Goodland
Level Contributor
3,792 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: marco island

Marco is a residential community with a few beach hotels with a resort feel. It has miles and miles of canals and one long beach.

It is 100% surrounded by nature and federal and state preserves ... so if you love nature you will love Marco ... Marco is the gateway into the Everglades!!!!

chicago burbs
Level Contributor
185 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: marco island

Espanade (CJs on the Bay) on Thursday nights for free live entertainment. Stan's in Goodland on Sundays for live entertainment & all day fun!! Flea Markets (Bonita Springs has a moderately sized one called Flamingo Island while Ft Myers has a large one called Fleamasters). They are only open Friday-Sunday. Marco has a small Flea Market in Mackle Park on Wednesdays during Nov-April. www.cityofmarcoisland.com/index.aspx?page=161

Marco Island Princess (or Naples) boat ride. There are many different cruises to choose from.! Find Billy Bridger on Facebook & catch one of his shows (Dec/Jan-April). He is a terrific singer & is very funny! The ladies will enjoy shopping at the (mostly) jewelry store Best of Everything located in Naples & Bonita Springs. Walk around Tin City in Naples .http://www.tin-city.com/ . Dining & drinks at either Pincher's Crab Shack or Riverwalk Restaurant at Tin City. Enjoy the many waterfront /or Tiki bars in Marco for the views, live music & dining/drinking. Take an airboat ride through the Everglades. Our latest find is the Skunk Ape Headquarters in nearby Ochopee. The Headquarters features a Reptile & Bird Exhibit of huge gators, constrictors and a variety of exotic birds. Admission is $5 per person, children 5 and under free.

Try to catch the incredible sunsets on the beach in Marco! We like to sit at Sunset Grille for the sunsets & drinks. We prefer to only have appetizers here as there are so many excellent dining choices on Marco! The Hilton Sandcastles & Marriot Quinn's On The Beach are great for sunsets too! Quinn's has good food-but it is a splurge! For dining-the dive type strip mall restaurant / bar Crazy Flamingo (our family's fav place in Marco for lunch) has the best food (Buffalo Wings, Caesar Salad, Steak Sandwich, Grouper. We also love the Dolphin Tiki (waterfront, tiki & great food). It can be hard to find - but it is worth it! Another hard to find gem is The Sand Bar. Also, try to check out Groupon for 1/2 off deals (groupon.com/Naples). We just bought Verdi's Restaurant & Naples Trolley Tour Groupons. Our trip is coming up & I'm so excited! We're Marco Island addicts & I'm happy to share our favorites with a first time visitor! Have a wonderful time!

Warren, Michigan
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: marco island

Thanks for the information , very helpfull.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
40 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: marco island

Very helpful post!

Warren, Michigan
6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: marco island

My wife and I are staying at Marco island Beach resort, has anyone stayed there before, if so how did you like it and things to do in the area! Thanks for your help!

Knoxville
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: marco island

Haven't stayed at MIBR, but look at all of the above posts for many great ideas about what to do in Marco.