We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drive to Key West?

Which Marco Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
pittsburgh
Level Contributor
28 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Drive to Key West?

Hello, we have never been to Marco Island, looking forward to quiet beach time. Is a side trip to Key West do-able? Worth the time? Drive or ferry? Thank you.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,446 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Drive to Key West?

It is a very scenic drive if you have the time - about 6 hours. Do you?

Knoxville
Level Contributor
3,197 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drive to Key West?

We do overnight trips to the middle keys all the time. Last year, we went down for a day trip - it was a long, but AWESOME, day!! We stopped about an hour and a half from Key West, though. I LOVE the Keys, and any trip down there is a good trip!!!:)

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
28 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drive to Key West?

Thank for the info. We are going to play it by ear. Marco on Friday!

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
69 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Drive to Key West?

The Key West Express is a boat that takes you to Key West from the marina on the island in about three hours. I have not done this myself, but it may be a fun and faster alternative to driving. You can also fly there in less than an hour. I don't know the name of the company that provides this service, but you can google it if interested.

Springfield, IL
Level Contributor
189 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Drive to Key West?

We did Key West Express 5 years ago but left Ft. Myers (we were staying in Sanibel). It was a great trip that took about 3-3 1/2 hours each way. We went for the day but it wasn't enough time. Next trip we'll stay overnight in Key West to give us time to see more sites.

6. Re: Drive to Key West?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2014, 06:40