We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental RSW

Union, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,106 posts
436 reviews
Save Topic
Car Rental RSW

Would it be less expensive to rent a car in Ft. Myers than Ft. Lauderdale or Miami.? Do they let you return the car to Ft. Lauderdale after renting in RSW? Is there an extra charge for dropping at a different airport than where we rented it? Thanks for your help.

Dayton, OH / Marco...
Destination Expert
for Marco Island, Everglades National Park, Goodland
Level Contributor
3,977 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rental RSW

I always rent from Ft Myers.. it is the closes airport so I fly in there ... I haven't check but I always assume the rental prices are pretty much the same prices in Florida ... but I could be wrong.

The last time I did a triangle of FL towns I used Enterprise, had no issues (in reserving it online via Costco) and didn't think I paid any more than flying in and out of RSW.

Union, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,106 posts
436 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Rental RSW

Thanks, MarcoRed!!

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,164 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Rental RSW

The few times I've rented cars at RSW, I've used Hotwire. Last time ended up with Alamo, can't recall the other companies, but, all across the street from the terminal and national chains. Significant savings.

4. Re: Car Rental RSW

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2014, 05:20