We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fun Things 3 yr old & 5 yr old

Ohio
Level Contributor
526 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Fun Things 3 yr old & 5 yr old

We have been to Marco but without kids. We are going with the grandkids and was wondering what there is to do there or close by with a 3 and 5 yr old. Also everywhere we have been to eat have been more adult-like. Where do you go to eat with children? How far do you have to travel to see Alligators? Just trying to think of things fun to do. Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thank You

Marco island
Level Contributor
107 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fun Things 3 yr old & 5 yr old

Mackle park is a childs wonderland, we've gone there countless times with 2 & 4 year old they always have a great time. The shops of old Marco ( behind Cafe De Marco) is a collection of shops and eateries and is very kid friendly, save room for cupcakes from sweet dreams. You can take route 41 towards Miami and check out the skunk ape headquarters. They have a $3.00 dollar tour (can't beat it) and have a variety of turtles / alligators / birds / snakes etc. It's about a 30 minute drive from Marco.

Have fun & enjoy the kids.

Ohio
Level Contributor
526 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fun Things 3 yr old & 5 yr old

Thank you for the suggestions. Sounds perfect. I am guessing 3 & 5 yr olds are not going to always be happy lounging on the beach. Getting in late the first night. Any suggestions on pizza delivery?

woodbridge,va
Level Contributor
595 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fun Things 3 yr old & 5 yr old

Naples Zoo is also a great place to take kids. There are some gators there and they have a little boat ride over to an area called Monkey Island that was fun.

Leesburg, Virginia
Level Contributor
25 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fun Things 3 yr old & 5 yr old

Pizza from Joeys. We just returned from a week in Marco with our 2.5 year old. Definitely Mackle Park and Tigertail Beach. We went to the Snook Inn and also most restaurants at Marco Walk (across from Hilton) are kid friendly. If you eat outdoors there are fountains to look at and lots of kiddos running around. We did Nacho Mamas (good Mexican) but heard Davincis is great too.

Shreveport, LA
Level Contributor
974 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fun Things 3 yr old & 5 yr old

Joey's Pizza.

And little kids always love looking for shells. I know on our first trip to Marco, our son was fascinated with all the shells.

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Fun Things 3 yr old & 5 yr old

I have three kids under 9 and we have been going to Marco for years- my parents live there in the winter. Mine love those places already mentioned but also Little Bar restaurant in a Goodland, the Chocolate Strawberry for homemade gelato, island gypsy on Isle of Capri. One fave is always the Naples Botanical Gardens. Tons of money went into the children's garden- butterfly house, treehouse, splash fountains, "hidden object" garden, lookouts, pretend beach. We did not have time in January and I promised to take them in April. ❤️

Pompano Beach...
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fun Things 3 yr old & 5 yr old

How about Sun N Fun water park in Naples

www.napleswaterpark.com/rides-attractions.php

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
217 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fun Things 3 yr old & 5 yr old

is the splash house, pretend beach, and the

treehouse at the botanical gardens?

Any indoor ideas for rainy days? we are going mid March (I know it's still a ways away) and right now the forecast is rainy:(

Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
1,713 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fun Things 3 yr old & 5 yr old

Yes, BoatDrinks44 - Naples Botanical Gardens Children's Garden area has Tree House, Water Fountain court with jets of water spraying from boulders, pretend beach, Fire Tower, HIdden Garden, Butterfly Garden - naplesgarden.org/show/the-childrens-garden

Rookery Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve is also a great place to visit - https://rookerybay.org/

The Learning Center has many interactive exhibits and hands-on-experiences. There is a walking trail and observation bridge.

woodbridge,va
Level Contributor
595 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fun Things 3 yr old & 5 yr old

For rainy days, I see Naples has a children's museum - Gulisano children's museum of Naples. It looks likes it's really cute and has lots to do with little ones.